1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He isn't horrible but he makes a ton of mental mistakes on the floor and gets caught out of position a lot.

MrSabotage, Smacktle, cbs1507 and 3 others like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

For all of those people discounting House having a possible impact on a championship caliber team think about this...

How many people thought Horry in his first few years would have the impact that he had when the Rockets won their championships? Probably none. Hell, the Rockets didn’t even feel this way because they tried to trade Bob for Sean Elliott.

I’m not saying House is as good as Horry or will have the same impact. However, I do think it’s a possibility that he has a similar impact. Small sample size, but he fit in perfectly playing next to Harden. He knows his role and impacted the game on both sides of the ball.

3. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

^^ A LOT.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

House is probably being shopped ala Melton at this point, if that's true, we'll see how much value other teams are giving him.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

House is better than Ennis.

DD

ak99999, MrSabotage, IvanLCPM and 8 others like this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ennis has come along lately.... but we need house.

He will be back very, very soon.

ak99999 likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What's the comeback plan for him again?
    Re-engage in contract talks post trade deadline?

8. amaru

amaru Member

If he's not traded at the deadline, I imagine this will be the course of action.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you mean, has Morey said anything about a plan ... the answer is No. Everything is speculation.

That said, if nothing changes, I think it is safe to say that Morey will call him back up at the end of the G-League season as allowed under 2-way contracts...using the 16th or 17th roster spot allowed by 2-ways. However, that does not make him playoff eligible. He must be converted or sign a new contract to join the playoff roster ... and, of course, we still have to have a roster spot available for him.

10. ddub

ddub Member

He will be signed shortly, the rockets are waiting for the trade deadline and the buyout market to pass and if they don’t use the rest of the mid- lev on the buyout market they will use some of that to sign house

D-rock likes this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

James Ennis III in his last 8 games coming into tonight for the #Rockets⁠ ⁠ :

23-44 fg's (52%)
    9-22 on three's (41%)
    14-22 on two's (64%)
    15-16 FT's (94%)
    5.5 rebs per 36 mins
    1.5 steals per 36 mins

hakeem94, D-rock and sirbaihu like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, but he is a sieve on defense, funny how people always want to point out offense.....and our problems are on D
    DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And every bone headed play he makes turns into an easy 2 on the other end. I was optimistic on Ennis when we signed him, but it didn't take long for me to realize that he's just not the type of player that does things to help win games. The guy makes costly mistakes over and over again.

I'm okay with him, but only as the 10th or 11th man in the rotation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Charlie Pallilo just said the Rockets front office is petty and silly on House situation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rockets are doing what they've always done. Take their time and exhaust every avenue. They can wait until the deadline so they will.

hakeem94, sammy and YOLO like this.
  16. jdhi

jdhi Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

And we can't forget Sam I Am. He helped the Rockets win back to back championships his first two seasons in the NBA.

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I don't know if the Rockets told him to not play so he won't get injured but if he is refusing to play since they won't covert him is really unprofessional.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Do the Rockets run the Vipers?
    Or have they requested he not be played?

His value going through the floor. Dude was lucky to be offered 3 yrs guaranteed. Most likely gets a 3yr non guaranteed offer next time.

Sadly he thinks he has 'earned' a bigger contract. What, because one time (since not getting drafted) he showed up to a training camp in shape and busted his hump to barely make the end of a roster??
    A handful of good games doesn't get you more than the minimum. Especially not when you are being a primadonna about how you 'earned' more....

D-rock likes this.
  20. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not sure where you got those stats, but I don't think they are correct. On basketball-reference, in Ennis' last 8 games, he's averaging:

47.8% fg's
    8-24 for 33.3% on 3's
    64% on 2's
    13-14 FT's (93%)
    8.1 points per game in 27.2 minutes

And for comparison, House in 24 games averaged:

9.0 points per game in 24.8 minutes, shooting 39% from 3, 58.2% from 2, 82% at the line, and played good defense. House had better stats over his entire 24 game stint with the Rockets than Ennis has in a selected 8 game sample.

D-rock and DaDakota like this.