1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Respectfully, screw him. You think we need him? OK, well guess what: he didn't want to help the Rockets out. Money before Rockets? Fine with me. Fly like an eagle, Danuel House!

W22_STREAK and roslolian like this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We need High Energy players Faried House Ennis Austin P.J these guys will get after it. We need as many aggressive players as possible to set the table for James Chris and CC. All of the role players are replaceable but lets keep in mind that when you have people that provide a lift in the role they play then they are needed House is such a player

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ennis is not a high energy player. He does seem to play sometimes as if he is high, though.

BamBam, joshuaao, Smacktle and 8 others like this.
  4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

he should beg Morey

roslolian, AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Dude , all I care about is the team winning games - all this other crap is just that.

I didn't say we need him , what I said was he could help this team win some games.

I don't blame the guy for wanting to get paid a fair wage … and if he were to continue to play at the level he was over the duration of that 3 year deal , he's severely underpaid.

As for him not wanting to "help the rockets out" …. how about you work at your job , assuming you have one …. for 10% of the guy doing the same job.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

It’s more like you are new on the job and you are doing well for the company and demand a raise in the first 2 weeks when you haven’t had experience before.

D-rock, BamBam, luckyman76 and 5 others like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think that's the case at all.

He wants to finish this season as a free agent and let the market play out from there - his next contract will be his "raise" as you so put it , rather than locking himself up for 3 seasons at the minimum.

What really puzzles me is why the wait for the deadline to convert him and be playoff eligible …. because if he's to play another game this season , either he accepts their current offer (or a new one) over the 3 years or they convert him at the min and he's RFA at seasons end. My guess is that Morey will offer him some part of or all of the remaining MLE for that 3 years IF he doesn't use it in the buyout market - otherwise this cat and mouse game is a waste of both parties time.

If he hits RFA next season , I think he gets a contract equivalent to the BAE which is $3,551,100 for next year - slightly less than what remains of the Rockets MLE this year ($3.9m).

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually a lot of people are acting like House is a franchise player one dude even made a thread of how Morey is miring the Rox in mediocrity just because he didn't sign House. I don't search function but I read other people say not signing House means Morey is not serious about winning and is wasting Harden's time that sounds lile a franchise player too me not somebody cut from 2 previous teams and currently out of the league.

The reality is if you have looked at the stats Green has pretty much mirrored whatever he brought to the team, there is a space for him right now because we are playing Ennis but once Morey trades for a wing then there's no more or very little "improvement" as it would just be between House and Green. Green is not as flashy as House but he is a vet and knows the system for more than 1 year I would trust him im the playoffs more than Danuel freaking House.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wanting to finish th season as a FA to get a fat new contract is indeed like somebody being new and demanding a raise. He was out of the league and cut from his two previous teams, Rox were the only ones who gave him a chance if it wasnt for them he would still be out of the league nobody would pay attention to him due to his track record.

How about paying his dues first and signing the 3 year deal? In 3 years we would be almost cap free from our current deals if he plays lile a superstar he would be paid like one. But no, dude who isn't even in the league and blew 2 chances already wants his payday SMH I mean heaven forbid he gets paid 1M a year after making all those millions in the GLeague. :rolleyes:

Dude just wants to use the Rox as a stepping stone to earn some cash from other teams. Nothing wrong with that, but if thats the case I would want the Rox to move in another direction why develop somebody who wants to leave? Just leave him to chill in RGV and see if any other teams want s to sign him after the season.

D-rock, BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This guy clearly doesn't love to ball. If he loved to play the game, he'd jump at an opportunity to get paid to play it. Something feels very Parsons-ish about him. Like he's playing the game of contracts, not playing the game of basketball and letting that take care of him.

#1330 don grahamleone, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    D-rock, BamBam, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And word travelled around the league that Tilman has been cheap. :D

12. King901

King901 Member

I’m not sure what kind of fantasy world some of y’all live in. We are better with House than we are without him... Everyone is trying to secure their future. If he doesn’t want to play for the minimum for three years then that’s his decision. He will get more than the minimum from other teams otherwise they would have just signed him for the remainder of the season and let him hit free agency next year.

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I can assure you House is a basketball junkie just like Parsons used to be. The money changed Parsons but I don't see House being changed in that same way. It is a tough decision for both House and the Rockets which is why there is a stalemate. I think he probably should accept a 3 year min contract with 2 years guaranteed with 3rd year as a player option. Not sure if Morey would even offer that though.

One thing about House is he doesn't lack confidence so feels like he can figure out a way to earn more money at some point. It is definitely risky but he is betting on himself and his ability to get better. Hard to show that to other NBA Teams while he is in the G league though.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Visibility on the rockets for three years ain't a bad haircut, especially if you can make mda's razor thin playoff rotation. That's keeper status for team and fans.

But I guess he thinks there is tens of millions more on the line in those three years.

D-rock likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

67 pages on Danuel House. What a season.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I’m not caught up on house’s options if he doesn’t sign a new deal with us. Reading others posts he becomes a RFA? If that’s the case and we match a reasonable offer sheet, do we need to dip into MLE or BAE to do it or is it the same and match whatever?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I do agree that we're better with him. I don't know how much he'd move the needle for this team, but he's obviously an improvement over Ennis. I disagree that he'll get more than the minimum from other teams. Maybe, but I think he'll wind up having to settle for a one year minimum deal next season. There are too many free agents this summer higher than him in the pecking order. Plus this long layoff in the G-League is hurting his value.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I really don't understand all the hate for Ennis. I watch every game and is defense is above average, he hustles, and is adequate as a role player on offense. When he first was showing signs of being a real contributor he got hurt. He is showing signs now of being a solid bench player. We still need another 3/4 starter to make us better, but saying Ennis isn't valuable depth makes no sense.

MrSabotage likes this.
  19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

ennis has indeed been playing much better...but against better teams, better players, his lateral movement is a bit slow. so he really needs to be a bench player, last option. he has long arms, so at least he can prevent a three sometimes...but then, they're going to drive right by him.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How about you turn down an offer to continue doing your job and go on a little vacation? Dare you.

D-rock likes this.