1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So since CP has been back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, Feb 1, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden and Paul both need Clint and yes Paul absolutely is the second best player on the team. Again you are counting dude’s pockets...sheesh

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. threepointshot3

Lol if you believe with a straight face he is better then Harden or Durant then I don’t know what to tell you.

3. PWR

PWR Member

If you mention me, say what you have to say. Don't sneak diss.

For instance, I can call you about the way you went at Faried last night. You're complaining about a vet minimum guy that is averaging more ppg as a Rocket than Chris Paul at $160 mil, lol.

I digress.

s3ts, fattz and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This I fully agree with, whether or not fatigue is involved, Harden should be the one in the driver's seat most of the time.

I can forgive pretty much all of his lapses, though, because his burden is gigantic. And hopefully the Nuggets game Chris Paul will be the one we see going forward, where he's hitting shots with good efficiency and finding open shooters that should hit their ****ing shots.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

You are right I should have @ you and you know what I should have told your thread that using individual defensive FG% is pretty useless and without context. So trying to asses defense that way doesn’t work.

Lol are you kidding me? Is that really how you wanna go, the money route AGAIN....

BeBreezy likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Except Harden in the drivers seast was bad last night. Sometimes it’s okay for him not to have the ball.

Roomba likes this.
  7. PWR

PWR Member

I use the eye test, and the stat backs up pretty much everything I see.
    Everyone that had a bad def fg% over these last few games has looked like trash on defense to the naked eye, especially Ennis.

And yes, I will always go back to the money because it determines the amount of quality depth that a team can have. If someone is taking up $40 mil per year, he needs to be putting up numbers comparable to other guys in the league making that amount (Harden, LeBron, Westrook, Curry, etc.)

Chris is not.

fattz and PeterKingX like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

True...it's just disheartening when even an exhausted Harden is hitting shots at a better clip than the majority of our players, though Gordon and Paul were good last night.

I think a lot of the regular season problems will be alleviated when Capela gets back. I think the mood of the GARM will improve too.

HP3 and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think you are spot on we got to get 15 to 20 games healthy for our team to get a rhythm. Playoff rhythm is more important than seeding with the exception that they are in the opposite side of the Warriors in the Bracket. The Playoffs will be a war this year no one has a clear advantage to get to the Finals

Roomba likes this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We are witnessing a identity shift.

Either way, this team isn’t doing anything until the fine a big and wing.

Remember that the Rockets won their last 5 games with CP, Harden, and Capela.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Rockets lost last night because Denver shot the ball very very well and we really don't have much rim protection without Clint. Paul and the Rockets shot the ball well themselves, but Denver was just really on their game.

I'm more concerned about the players surrounding Harden and Paul than anything else. Our supporting cast must hit shots and play defense.

12. threepointshot3

Notice how hardens funk coincidenced with Paul’s return? So did the teams losing streak.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not about the belief it s about the reality of what happened in the entire playoffs and western conference finals
    cp3 was the best ...the very best..he DOMINATED every series including WCF

14. threepointshot3

40 million dollar role player

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. threepointshot3

You need to lay off the drugs .harden and Durant are light years better

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes i agree... something is not right....like harden went passive mode now that cp3 came back..but it may be a coincidence

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. threepointshot3

They are trying to work in Paul into the offense but that is fuking up the teams rhythm

Stormy1234 and fattz like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Let’s trade CP3 to the “right” team and move on as Harden’s team and fill in the gaps with better role players. It’s the right thing to do for Paul, too. —> he is wasting his talents here, then. He needs a new home where he can shine.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. threepointshot3

Lol Paul’s not going to shine anywhere in his current washed up state. You think any GM in there right mind will touch that contract for a has been? Lol

#59 threepointshot3, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  20. fattz

fattz Member

THIS