1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So since CP has been back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

because Harden was playing like God decided to decend down to Earth and hoop for a little bit

Harden’s usage and responsibility on offense was becoming too insane...it was to the point where we needed 61 just to barely beat the Knicks...if Harden does not drop at least 40, the Rockets are not winning

these past 2 games he didn’t 40+, and what a surprise, we took L’s

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like that was partly because Harden went Superdupernova for a while and when he's like that I legitimately believe he's the most dominant player of the decade. Harden's slowed down a bit now, and there is an argument to be made that part of that is because CP3 is taking his touches while playing less efficiently. At the same time, there's also an argument to be made that Capela was a big part of the Rockets beating the big dawgs™ and he's been gone for a while, forcing Harden to take on an unhealthy and unsustainable burden on offense.

My opinion is that CP3 being healthy is ultimately better for Harden and the Rockets, because it alleviates some of the pressure on Harden to create everything, and when Capela gets back (as well as Danuel House if that's still happening) the team will be far more balanced and successful.

TLDR: I think short-term Paul and even Gordon are more replaceable than Capela because Harden can play their role while there's nobody to play Clint's role while he's gone, leading to some bad play.

Patience and jevjnd like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I was actually encouraged by his second half where he played better. My issue is that this stage of his career its unrealistic to expect Chris to be a reliable second option given how fragile his body is and the wear and tear on his body.

I also agree that if Harden does not have a 40 plus game we lose .That is how much pressure is put on his shoulders.

4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Some people think he will be able to magically flip the switch come playoff time and be a reliable 2nd scorer.

I don't see it.

s3ts, fattz, Bearded13 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

My main concern is that Harden and Cp3 create soo many open shots, but those open shots continually are being missed. You can see those missed shots build pressure on Harden to try to create some points. I think its catching up to him.

Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

CP3 will be fine. All the naysayers will eat crow.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

The numbers are clear...hes still a great player but somehow chemistry with harden is not working and its not just the last few games...its the entire season

fattz and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. threepointshot3

She nice Chris has been back harden is playing more passive. Harden is by far the best player and needs to stop being passive trying to allow Paul to get into the groove.

9. threepointshot3

What numbers are that? He is not a great player anymore stopp it. Good to very good but the days of being a all star are over

fattz likes this.
  10. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Don't get me wrong I like CP3 BUT, he's not the player has used to be. With his recurring injuries, he isn't someone you'll be able to count on. And while sitting on the bench whether for injuries or old age rest, he's costing us almost a half million a game in salary. The 4yr $160 million contract is a big mistake....you would have thought we'd have learned from the Ryno contract.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Allstar selection is a farce you can be a great player and still miss the allstar
    hes had truoble with injury but dont forget he was rockets mvp in the last playoffs..he is still that same player its just that the rockets are a disfunctional mess right now with problematic role players and suspect management and coaching and this is hardens team...
    in the right system he can give you 20/10/5 a night without breaking a sweat
    cp3 is a baller

farhen likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We need to at least have home court in the first round. With CP3 like this who knows...

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. farhen

farhen Member

his old ass better off the leading the bench now

Stormy1234 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

I can’t bash CP yet; he was the reason we almost took GS down last year in the playoffs - harden can’t do it without him.

Yes he did get older but I think CP is cruising until the playoffs.

Hope I’m right

Patience and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, even in a game where he was our best player last night, unbelievable.

Good lord, what an idiotic thread. We got ran through last night AND STILL you wanna talk about offense and how Harden is out of rhythm or whatever.

16. threepointshot3

20-10 lol no . Even in his prime which was a long time ago he was never 20-10

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

He didn’t need to be 20-10, to be part of 65 wins last year you .....,between you and PWR man hahaha. Alright nvm, it’s a waste of time.

BeBreezy likes this.
  18. threepointshot3

We have a 40 million dollar role player. He ain’t even the second best player on this team since Clint passed him by and not even gonna mention how much Harden is better

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was our best player in last years playoffs...in wcf he was better than durant, better than curry and klay better than harden....it was only a several months ago ..hes still that same player ....
    think about that

AroundTheWorld and HP3 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a different game right now 20 is the new 17