1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marquese Chriss requested trade from Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Still waiting for Morey to do something. Trade for someone. Negotiate a deal with House. Something. I'm really hoping that he's not content with this current roster just because we're barely winning games (even with injured rosters).

BamBam likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

When in the entire history of Morey Ball has he ever been satisfied with our roster?

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

WAIT......

It is April 1st already?

PhilCollins and Bids9 like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Since you're new : the rule is, "whatever Morey is doing, b**** about why he isn't doing something else".

alethios, bilaal14, jordnnnn and 7 others like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trade him to Knicks for Vonleh since Knicks are really embracing the TANK for Barrett or Zion. They about to catch the Cavs in the race to the worst and they want to lose more. Chriss would help them achieve their goals.

bilaal14, D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just waiting until the deadline since he has a nice low-mid range filler salary for deals if any. Worse case we dump him for a heavily protected second round pick, so doesn't really matter to be honest.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. H-Town Rockets Guy

I am sure Morey is working the phones trying to upgrade our Roster. We are extremely lucky to land Austin Rivers and Kenneth Faried. But we still haven't addressed all our needs. We need more shooting and a SF who is a 3 and D would be perfect. Also we need size in the front court. I still think we need someone with size who can rebound and defend as a back up Center or in the PF spot. If we play OKC in the playoffs, we will definitely struggle because they have a lot of length.

D-rock likes this.
  9. H-Town Rockets Guy

Marquese Chriss wont get in our rotation and he had chances with all the injuries but still couldn't get playing time. He is probably better off playing somewhere else. NBA is all about being in the right situation, right system. Good Luck Chris

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Chriss obviously knows his rights.

11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Chrisis is free agent player next year. He wants to get some minutes to get a contract like house. I think he should buy out his contract by himself and go somewhere

12. Sino rocketfan

THREAD: [WOJ BOMB] AD requested trade from Pelicans
    THREAD: Marquese Chriss requested trade from Houston

Wow, Chriss finally did something AD has done, but...not anything on the court.

abaker28 and PhilCollins like this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I mean doesn't he know that the Rockets have been trying to trade him as soon as they were able?

abaker28 and Dacamel like this.
  14. Nero

Nero Member

I don't really want to pile on the guy, but..

Something off about this guy. It's like he's, I don't know.. 'slow' or something. In the head.

It could be something as simple as what Mike Newlin described as an 'ignominious physiognomy' - ie lack of self-awareness about his poor body language and facial expressions.. and I don't mean that is facial expressions or body language are outright *negative*.. as much as just.. lost, confused, slow... in over his head.

He looks to me like a kid who grew to be big and tall and was pushed and pushed to play basketball, and got decent enough to go to college with it, and got decent enough there that scouts and teams were fooled into thinking he would 'grow into it'.

This guy is not going to grow into it. There is no 'quick twitch' to this player. Compare him to Faried, for example. Can you imagine Chriss ever being able to play with that same level of drive, intensity, activity, agility or ability? If he could even come CLOSE, he could have a career in the NBA. As it is, he'll end up with a single rookie contract in the NBA, and then end up playing in Japan or somewhere for a few years, and.. that's it.

In ten years, this guy is going to weigh 400 pounds and be an assistant manager at an Arby's.

Sheesh, so much for not piling on.

AroundTheWorld and abaker28 like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But I'm not new! I've been here since 2002! I just changed my name from jmwilliamson to Williamson. And I know the rule but man, some of these people.

alethios likes this.
  16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He has added Austin Rivers and Kenneth Faried in the last month. He's on record as saying they will be aggressive at the trade deadline.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just last year he was pretty much content with no backup/insurance to injury prone cp3

18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch likes this.
  19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Morey has already spoken on the matter. He said right now he is content with the whole roster except the wing position and that will be what he tries to upgrade going forward.

20. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Does he not realize that NBA teams can't trade with Chinese teams?