1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our current rotation consist of 6 guys on minimum contracts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Jan 24, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

90% of the people here did not think Melo was a bad move. not even close. there was only a handful of people that really hated it

everything else has been addressed over and over in plenty of threads

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Prince was a great defender his rookie year. His second year he experienced a significant decline. I don’t know the all of the reasons but I noticed that last year he didn’t stay in front of his mad as well as he did when he was a rookie. Then I read up on it and saw that his DRPM was 4th in the nba for small forwards in 16-17 and it dropped to 84th in 17-18. That is out of a possible 87 eligible small forwards.

The eye test tells me he had the capability of of being elite as a defender from what I saw his rookie year. I’m not sure what the heck happened last year. I think it could be lack of motivation due to team disfunction or lack of maturity. I just know it struck me as very weird.

I haven’t looked up any of Dedmond’s defensive ratings but I consider him to be a top 2 or 3 backup center in the nba largely due to his defense, and rebounding prowess.

He moves his feet on the perimeter close to Capela’s level. I think his perimeter defense is elite for a big man. He rebounds at an elite level per the minutes he gets. Good rim protector as well. He works hard an defense and he is smart. Very high defensive BBIQ.

My two cents is you can’t ask for a better backup center for Clint. He’s also proven that he can handle heavy minutes as a starter when called upon, and his production and and effort stay at a high level.

If Jeff B gets his hands on Dedmond and Prince I think our defense would return to a top 10 level. That’s if he can get Prince back to where he was as a rookie.

HP3 likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, this is what I was looking for, thank you man.

Hmm, I wonder if we can squeeze in Bazemore outta them as well haha, prolly not though.