1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POSITIVE VIBES FOR JAMES ENNIS III

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Exactly. He was peanuts cheap salary wise. Overall hes a decent option off the bench. An avg. 3 and D guy. Nothing more, nothing less..

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Nope... he sucks.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I'd be happy if he's not on the court in a potential GSW series, but injuries happen. Last year we only had a rotation of 6.5 guys. With just Rivers and House added that's a big boost, but you can't depend on everyone being healthy. I'll take Ennis being our 9th guy in the playoffs rather than Joe Johnson or Ryan Anderson any day.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I gave Ennis enough time to show me something. Studying him during our last game (vs Bucks) was was limit.
    I’ve finally given up on Ennis and hope he makes it with another team. I’m hoping by the trading deadline.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What did you study? He played well the Bucks game.

arabrocket likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not from what I saw. The stats might say differently.

The main thing I didn’t like was his defense (specifically defensive rotations). House had the inside track on Ennis
    since House played some with the Vipers last season and again this season. But Ennis just doesn’t seem to be
    getting it. He should be surpassing House in almost all stats, but remains kinda lost.

So the question for me recently is can the Rockets trade for someone better than Ennis as backup or better than
    House as starter? I believe they can. May take them a month, but a good chance they can....Rivers has
    picked it up well. Offense and Defense.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO... LMAO YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY LOL Where is Brewer now?

arabrocket likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Y'all need to give Ennis his due for this one. Finished with 18 points on 9 shots and was a +7

Hakeemtheking, saleem and {icebox425} like this.
  9. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Ennis played well in general. Couple of bone-headed plays like that touchdown pass to Nene.

House being out might give him another opportunity to prove himself.

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think James Nunnally might need the positive vibes a bit more than James Ennis, right now.

saleem, ryano2009 and txtodd like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

HUGE game for James Pennis III tonight. He kept us in the game in the 3rd quarter with a few 3s and some smart play.

With Harden playing out of his mind, all we need each game is one or two guys to step up and do something. Tonight it was EG and JEIII.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really don't want to white knight Ennis because I see how bad it went when I did it for Ryno. Ennis (just like Ryno) is not as bad as Clutchfans would have you think. While everyone hated that Ryno was getting paid 20 million, everyone just seems to hate Ennis. He's getting paid in jolly ranchers.

13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think he will cut and let Faried to join quickly.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

joeson332 likes this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, unfortunately I think Nunnally's on his way out. He played ok last game, but it seems like his unfamiliarity with the system really hurt him in his second game against the Lakers.

But who knows, maybe he has another chance to prove himself against the 76ers, or maybe he'll be off the team by then.

saleem likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He passed up open shots and missed the ones he took
    His defense is highly suspect tonite

Rocket River

Roomba likes this.
  17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't look like he knew where to be most of the time.

And in no way is that all on him, but with a whole team of RGV kids who know the sets better and can also shoot plus Kenneth Faried on his way I don't know about his future here

Rocket River likes this.
  18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We need to upgrade small forward. It is better choose a guy who can play power forward and small forward. After watching Lakers matches, I find our center is very weak and lose a lot of rebounds. I don't know Morey still need to upgrade the center. It is better let Kennerh Faried join to see how much he can contribute to rockets

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Faried can play as an undersized backup center. He is physical, athletic and he can still rebound the ball. He can finish on the break too. Harden will make it easier for him to get dunks with the pick and roll. I agree with your comments that we need a PF/SF.