1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

House refuses to sign multi-year minimum contract to lock him into being underpaid for 2 more seasons. Under the rules, the team could either convert his contract to a 1 year minimum deal or shut House down from NBA play and send him to GLeague. They chose latter over having House play and having him make some $ as RFA this summer.

Do you support this strategy?

Mathloom, J.R., cbs1507 and 3 others like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yes, I think it's only smart. Lock him up for cheap. At worst he is a RFA at the end of summer and you can match whatever contract he gets.

carib, REEKO_HTOWN, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

I don't support Tilman. I'd bring House back this week.
    There is no chance Tilman will match House's offer sheet in summer. "Crazy" GM will give him 1-year 5M deal or 2-year 8M deal based on how good is his agent.
    Knight won't be traded unless Morey attaches 2 Firsts by September 30, 2019.

I am concerned that Rivers could walk too if someone offers 1 year 8 million contract.

At this moment, total team salary for next season is 143M ($138M + 5M roster charge)

#3 BigBum, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Jontro and RyanB like this.
  4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If we sign him to a 2 year deal with early bird rights in 2020 then great. If not, this sucks. But if we can't I'm pretty sure we'll just convert him to a one year and be resigned to losing him in the summer.

5. jb86

jb86 Member

I say sign House for the rest of the season and figure that stuff out in the offseason after we win the championship.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

I prefer to sign him 2-years 4 million (1M rest season, 3M next season). He is likely to sign.
    4 million is a lot of money to him.
    It has to be unload or stretch out Knight by September 30.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This mofo played 'good' for 1 month and then he thinks he's going to hold the team hostage? **** him. Lets see how good he is when he goes to another team. James made Danuel House who he is. Ungrateful b****.

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This is America. You get what negotiate, not what you deserve. This is his life and career. He’s doin the right thing

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Carl Herrerra's new "Tilman is broke" shtick is pretty underrated. I anxiously await OP''s posts after we strike out on the buyout market.

hakeem94 and lnchan like this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

buyout market = recycle bin

Bring House back now.

mac_got_this likes this.
  11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I’m so shocked that ppl are suprised by this.

Morey said for YEARS when you finally get a championship roster you will have to fill it out with Min salary players.

If House doesn’t want to be one, we can’t waste time on him. We need to develop someone else who can be.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Heat, GS and Cavs use full MLE right away and they hugely overpaid their own free agents.

Tristan Thompson was worth 41 million at that time, Cavs gave him $82 million contract and paid $210 million (+) luxury taxes for 4 years.

Tristan stats at the time of signing: 8.5 points, 8.0 rebounds a game

Tilman is cheaper than Dan Gilbert, the small market owner.

#12 BigBum, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    cbs1507 and justtxyank like this.
  13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Allowing your healthy starting SF to go down to the G league while your roster is depleted just doesn't have a good look imo if you're trying to maximize winning now. Harden is having an all time great season and the front office is screwing around like they have all the time in the world to ride this Harden wave.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't believe Morey has ever said they wouldn't use the MLE.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

No, I don’t support it. If the Rockets were rebuilding, then it would be different, but the Rockets are one of the oldest teams in the NBA, and they are trying to win a championship this season. Willingly losing a valuable role player over what amounts to peanuts in the NBA doesn’t help achieve that goal.

Dopamine and slothy420 like this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ok... and they signed quality players. Proven.

Not a undrafted player who was not even given chance to show what he had, until now.

He needs to be humble...take this first contract...and let it play out... keep it up... and get paid.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like there's a number of people who would be worse than Billy King. not surprised

REEKO_HTOWN, hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dunno. Morey wants to stay active and flexible, a 1 year deal followed by rfa may be too constraining

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

tell that to his greedy agent

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we weren't dealing with so many injuries, I'd support it but we are pretty desperate. Not a good look.