1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is going on with the Celtics?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Space City, Jan 12, 2019.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

In turn that shot wouldn't have happened had LeBron not carried them to 7 games PLUS his legendary block the possession right before.

BeBreezy, roslolian and Patience like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder who will pay Rozier. I'm pretty sure someone will, but I wouldn't want the team I'm rooting for to be the one to do it.

Mathloom likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Too bad we don't need anymore guards. We need another forward for depth in the worst way.

Codman likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

JB would be so perfect here

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Their best player isn't that good .

To be a great team (with a few exceptions) your best guy has to be at least a top 5-10 guy in the league

Irving isn't that .

While their coach is great ,and their overall talent is great , I'm not sure they have enough talent at the top of their roster .

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, they were a great team last year - one win away from the Finals, iirc. And I bet they would have given GS some fits in the Finals. And their best player last year was Tatum, who probably isn't even a top 40 player in the league as of right now, given his sophomore slump.

I haven't been keeping up with the team this season, but it's really odd that they get both Irving and Hayward back (i.e their two best offensive players) and they take major steps back. Everyone and their grandmothers were expecting them to dominate this season, and they're...what, 4th right now, in the East?

7. rockbox

Kyrie is an one dimensional player. He scores without playing defense or making anyone better. He's a robin who thinks he's batman.

Bearded13 and xaos like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

could be partly due to him thinking the world is flat.

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Stop kyrie more than held his own that series he scored 41. That’s why people don’t like playing with LeBron. They win bron gets all the glory. They lose they get 100% of the blame. In Miami it was bosh, in Cleveland it was Kevin love, in LA it’s brandon Ingram

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Cough up those 1st Rounders for Brown, Morey.

Even in a catch and shoot role on this team, Brown will get tons of opportunity to grow as a scorer. On the defensive side he gets his pick of who he wants to guard and can be as aggressive as he wants with Capela behind him.

clutchdabear, slothy420 and ilias like this.
  12. rockbox

That's 2 dimensions

Jontro likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They hold the second best point differential after the Bucks.

It's just the record.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not entirely. He can't lead like an alpha but he is sure among the batmen in scoring.

Lebron said Kyrie was the one closing out important games while in Cleveland.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

There are lots of closers in the league the rare ones are those who will carry your team from the start instead of just the last couple of possessions.

As good of a closer Irving is his team in CLE closed every season with a top 4 lotto pick.

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I had this really crazy thought the other day. What if the Cavs traded for Hayward? I don’t think it would take a lot in terms of future assets and they have plentyof salary to match. Something like...
    CLE IN: Hayward
    BOS IN: JR, Clarkson, heavily protected 2020 1st rounder
    This would pair Sexton with Hayward and Love which would help his development. The Cavs would still have a pretty good stable of role players. And, they could blow it up in the 20-21 season and start the rebuild then when they should be able to get decent return on Love and Hayward.
    I know that a Sexton/Hayward/Love trio isn’t going to win a championship but it could get them in the playoffs and be a better option than what the Cavs are looking at now.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Isn't the issue with Brown that he doesn't want to be a catch and shoot player? He wants the ball and he wants to do things with it, but he's not great at that.

Jackie Mcmullen did a good piece on him recently

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-new-journey-why-important-boston-celtics-nba

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cod, to be frank, is there any chance Marcus Morris could be moved? I think he would be FANTASTIC in Houston.

You are right about the Celtics issues. They don't have the right "balance." The player hierarchy is off. The "stars" to "role players" ratio.

In any other season, I would say Ainge would make a move. BUT, I wonder if he feels a bit paralyzed with the AD situation this summer. He has to keep his powder dry for the best asset package.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think he just needs to be engaged, which is the main problem with that team especially with Brown and Rozier. You can't engage when your minutes aren't aligned with what you did the year prior when your team reached the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward. I would still trade multiple picks for him because he's young, still on a rookie contract, has playoff wins/games under his belt where he played extremely well, and he's a two-way player. Maybe identifying him as just a catch and shoot player was my fault but he would definitely get more green lights (see Rivers, Austin) to create since this team don't have the logjam problem Boston has.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only time I watch other teams is when we play them.. LOL. It's hard enough watching all the Rockets games.

roslolian likes this.