1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What makes them a bad matchup is that the Colts' defense is one of the best against the run and that's what our offense is based on. Also, the Colts O line is one of the best in the NFL and Andrew Luck gets the ball out really quickly meaning that you need a good secondary because your D line is unlikely to get to the QB.....well the secondary was in shambles by the end of the season.

Basically it was a worst case scenario for a team with a bad secondary that relies on the run game to keep the offense alive.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I don't trust this coaching staff to fix those flaws to make up the difference between us and Indianapolis going forward.

juanm34, Bobbythegreat and solid like this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, if they didn't know how to prepare for the game, and it was obvious they didn't, how would they know how to fix the problems? Changes have to be made at the coaching level and the player level. We need an offensive coordinator, but when we had one BOB blamed him. If we get another, BOB will try and control him. Question: who is the OBVIOUS problem? This is not hard.

Major likes this.
  4. Texanstradamus

They have the money will they spend it

5. Texanstradamus

This O-line wasn’t good lol I don’t know why ppl keep trying to persuade me otherwise the run game had been dead for damn near a month the O-line pretty much regressed back to 2017 form to where they opened no holes one thing is for sure O-line coach has to go I don’t want him ruining the additions we make via draft

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Why couldn't the Colts have sucked last week?

8. Texanstradamus

Bill O’Brien and his washed coaching staff didn’t allow it

red5rocket, whag00, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  9. solid

After watching the Colts look totally inept against the Chiefs, one has to wonder about the Texans.

red5rocket and whag00 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing to wonder. Bob O'Brien sucks. ;)

11. csj

csj Member

Not really. The result of Chiefs/Colts doesn't say anything about the Texans.

If you're using the crudest of measures, then sure. Just realize that this says more about you than the team.

12. HstnSprtsFan101

Today shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone..the 1st round bye is so important year after year. Luck looked really bad in the weather conditions & their D, like the Cowboys, got man handled. We blew our shot at getting a bye and hosting the Pats this weekend..shoulda, coulda, woulda.

13. csj

csj Member

Don't see either result as being due to a 1st round bye. Instead, what we saw was two teams beaten by superior teams that got 1st round byes because they deserved them. The Texans didn't get a bye because they weren't good enough. Had the Texans played the Colts today after getting a bye, they would have lost anyway.

14. Texanstradamus

Would have played the pats at home prolly a lose anyway though

15. csj

csj Member

Agreed, what I was saying is that the Texans would have lost to the Colts regardless of a bye the week before. An extra week would not have solved their issues. But yes, if they had a bye they'd have lost to a team other than the Colts this week, perhaps even worse.

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

So do they replace that with a 1-1 flag now?

Theking likes this.
  17. HstnSprtsFan101

I mean obviously the Chargers would’ve preferred to play in sunny LA & the Colts indoors over the snow at Arrowhead. The games would look a lot different IMO. Part of it.

18. solid

I didn't coach or play. I don't think it says anything about me.

19. csj

csj Member

That's because you have failed to understand what "this" referred to, it wasn't the game it was your comment. Your comment says more about you than the team. Also, your latest post keeps saying it.

20. csj

csj Member

Sure, but then an argument could be made that not getting a bye is important too. After all, sometimes losing a game results in an easier path through the playoffs.

The argument was that getting the bye was crucial, now it's getting home field is. What's really crucial is being a team good enough to get those things. You can't separate the benefits of being the best team from actually being the best team. The remaining teams are in because they are better, not because they have been gifted anything.

No Worries and HstnSprtsFan101 like this.