1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: What will Danuel House Jr. new contract look like?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Jan 11, 2019.

?

What will Danuel House Jr. new contract look like?

1. Most likely Morey will secure House for the long run in Gary Clark similar contract.

67 vote(s)
    60.4%
  2. Most likely House will only sign Minimum for this season. Morey save some money for buyout market.

15 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. House will sign 2-year contract $6 Million+ (this season and next season)

15 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. House will sign 3-year contract 9 million +

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. He is not going anywhere for the rest of this season, but will sign new contract in summer for $9M+

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

No one in the league is giving him that.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

RFA I believe.

But that would mean once his 45 days with the Rockets is over he would no longer be available to them and would go back to RGV.

Coming to terms is mutually beneficial.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Unrestricted free agent after 45 days. I think he will sign 2-year, NOT 3-year (like Clark).

raining threes likes this.
  4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Like this.... FB18D776-EC91-4C61-B0EE-88153045371C.png

bilaal14 and Game7 like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Morey will lowball him... figuring being from Houston this is where he wants to be (ala GG)... nobody else wanted him when DM took a chance so show appreciation on a sweetheart deal.... 3/$6 - 3/$9... when it happens will depend on DM's need for financial fluidity vs having to make a move to secure his rights...

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This from your OP.

Way to contradict yourself.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

House can only spend 45 days with the Rockets if Morey doesn't convert his 2-way contract to stardard. After 45 days he goes back to G-league.
    The question is upon what will the two sides agree? The two sides are also free to negotiate and sign a standard NBA contract. Morey can easily give him 3.8 million this season, and pay him next season.

Why does it take so long to negotiate and sign? It should not take more than 2 hours to sign if he wants Clark similar contract.

#27 BigBum, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe, hear me out .....

It is pretty clear that he is a player in the league now, he might be getting interest from other teams - so, what I am curious about is after the 45 days in the league are up, does that mean he goes to the G league, or he becomes an UFA?

If he is in the G-league with no more 2 way time left, does that mean he is eligible to be picked up?

If not, it might benefit him to just play there, and sign somewhere else next year for more money.......????

I want him to be a Rocket, I think he is a good player...but I am not sure what they will pay him....he might make more if he has other options.

DD

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

He prefers to sign minimum salary this year only so that other teams can make a bid in July.
    There is no way Morey will only sign him for the rest of the season only. It has to be a long term.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

my assumption is that
    1. Morey is not interested in signing 1-year contract (this season)
    2. House's agent is not interested in signing 3-year contract (Clark similar contract)
    At this moment, two sides are working on the 2-year deal, it's about the money.

Tilman tax rate (no more salary dump)
    this season 1.75
    next season 3.25 if signing Rivers MLE 5.6 million one year contract (not willing to pay repeater tax)

#30 BigBum, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Stop posting and utilize logic. It’s a negotiation between two sides wherein the rockets have significant motivation to maintain available resources for the current season. House’s responsibility is to maximize his earnings while keeping himself in a position to keep excelling.

His agent knows that’s with the rockets and so does Morey. Morey has also established that he can replace the position with a minimum contract.

Chill out. Your timeline is not that of the teams

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

What do you think will be the result?
    2 year or 3 year contract?
    How much $$ each year?

That is all I want to know. The rest is not important and everyone knows it.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We should give him the Matt Maloney contract.

I want my children to grow up with the same House

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Crazy thing happens sometimes.
    House can learn a little bit from Jeff Bzdelik. Go back to G-league for a few days ...., and his agent talks to other team. If Morey contacts him, he can sign the rest of the season only and allow other teams to make a bid in July.

Highly unlike but possible.

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

You’re not getting it doofus. He will probably be signed for the rest of the year only. It’s the situation wherein both sides maximize their protections.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

2 year deal.... they will get it done soon.

Doubt it’s 3 like Clark, will be happy if it is.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tillman will pay Danuel House the minimum wage plus free food at Landry's.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Hopefully it looks like something he’d put ink 2