1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Move....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T. Will tha Don, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

My friend told me that Morey had conversation with Cavs about Tristan Thompson too.
    idea:
    Cavs land Knight, Gordon, Chriss, Melo (37 million)
    Rockets land JR Smith, Hood and Thompson (35 million) and 2 top-20 picks.

The 27-year-old Thompson’s contract expires at the end of the 2019-20 season. He’s being paid $17.5 million this season and $18.5 million next year,In 32 games this season, Thompson is averaging 11.8 points, 11.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. All of those numbers represent career-highs. He returned to the Cavaliers’ starting lineup on Jan. 2 after sitting out 10 games because of a sore foot.

pasox2 likes this.
  2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Is that Hamilton from Hamilton's Pharmacopeia at the 40 second mark?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I knew it, but I couldn't find any links to prove it. Great find! My GF didn't think I was right.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Butler is a cancer. Do not want anymore

elmotsangtt likes this.
  6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

For the life of me I can figure out why a team like CLE or ATL wouldnt want Carmelo. A single piece that can increase your odds for the #1 pick by 3-5%?? No brainer deal to me

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

8. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Magic want backcourt depth, Rockets want KCP, Lakers want Terrence Ross but don't feel they have the picks to pull it off. Potential for a three-team deal here.

Rockets: KCP
    Lakers: Terrence Ross
    Magic: Knight, pick from HOU, future pick from LA

9. jb86

jb86 Member

Cut Thompson out that deal for Kardashian curse reasons. And keep Gordon.

seeingred and hakeem94 like this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This team is playing for each other because Harden is killing himself beasting out playing 40 minutes a game missing CP3 and EGo. They can definitely play for each other when they know they can win because it is not 1 or 2 on 5. Your point about risk is not wrong but we have no chance whatsoever in the offseason of getting him and we need him now. Things in life don't wait for the perfect timing. The last time we will ever be able to get him is IF Philly trades him by the deadline. He is either going to a team like us now with his 5 year deal intact or the Clippers, Knicks, Nets for the shine. I think GS will struggle with Boogie for the same reason that NOLA did because he plays his own game and doesn't fit. No defense stat machine. Butler is an all-star and the perfect player for us other than Paul George. We will never have another opportunity with our cap situation to even the odds like this. Butler has not worked with younger players and teams that don't ISO and PNR. He is friends with Chris and James and respects them. He would fit the culture and the play style. These are the risks you have to take to win. He seems to conflict with teammates and coaches over players not trying and not winning. If Philly was in the West their record would be crap and they would be out of the playoffs. Embiid is solid and great when healthy and keeps them in the middle of the pack. Simmons is a nice player who can't shoot and doesn't put in the work to get better. They have time to fix Simmons/Fultz or trade them but no time to fix the situation with Butler. I hate to disagree with studies because they are usually on point in general but bullshit in specific instances. Things take time and if we get him we will have time before the playoffs but all in on risk. We know this player is motivated by winning, money, playing in a style that makes him effective, and being surrounded by like minded teammates he respects. Nothings perfect but it is hard to see a better situation out there for him to make this work. Our goal is to be the best team possible in May 2019 and beyond.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I'd only give them one top 20 protected pick. Is Hood an expiring?

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I could endorse or get behind that move, Bum.

I purposed a trade for Vonleh, Hezonja, Lance Thomas to add depth at SF/PF. If the Lakers end up
    with Melo I don’t mind it so much if I have players that can absorb fouls if we get a heavy dose of
    Melo in the post. Tucker by himself might get in foul trouble and that would be devastating while
    facing the Lakers of LeBron and Melo (in the post) for the remainder of the game with Tucker
    on the bench in foul trouble.

Gary Clark could need help with that task.

#112 ApacheWarrior, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Eric Gorden to Min for Covington.Gorden can help Min Wolfs to score, Covington can help us to defense on sf

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

WTF

[​IMG]

I guess you do it for the piicks alone, but why the f-ck do the cavs want melo around a rebuilding Team is beyound me, and for them to give up 1st round picks is beyound me as well. wtf

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Jonathon simmons anyone.....bring him home. Have the htown big3

jb86 and D-rock like this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Melo is an expiring contract, which is probably the biggest reason.

Also, the Cavs would be the only franchise to ever have LeBron / Wade / Melo on their team. Pretty fun stuff.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Excuse me? Rockets land two top 20 picks? You’re saying Cavs are going to give up 2 picks? Not happening.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We're doing all that heavy lifting just to get KCP??

Cut the Lakers from the deal and we get Ross!

D-rock, Huncho Bean and saleem like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tenor.gif