1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bored Quarterback Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Idk his deep ball looks better than Watsons to me

D-rock likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I would like for him to experiment more with playing tough D and on the offensive end to try floaters more often
    sure you dont always need floaters but when you do they are a gamble if you weren't practicing them regularly
    i noticed last night his first couple of shots were floaters
    james simply needs a reliable floater

BamBam likes this.
  3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I saw him doing the Chris Paul dance move, ie. dribble behind his back while facing the defender. I LOL'd. You could tell he was pretty much dicking around against the lowly Cavs.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We don't beat the Warriors in OT last game, if Harden doesn't execute that full-court pass to Capela over Durant.

I've been actually thinking the opposite; that all the attempts to do the long passes in the past are starting to pay off, as the two have gotten better at it. Seems Harden isn't leaving the pass short anymore. And Capela always at least catches it, to hold up and reset, if it took him too far under.

I do agree about interior passes though. The degree of difficulty is increasing on some of them....like he's forcing the drives and wrap-arounds, or pocket passes, when I'd like to see more floaters.

#24 heypartner, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Os Trigonum, Will, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

looking forward to beard quitting nba for 2 years to play with the astros.

Will, bongman and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When need a PPP metric where we can filter for passes over 50 feet and possessions less than 7 seconds in length!!!

Until then I can't argue that this is bad or concerning or anything. It might even be one of those things that helps us in the long run because opponents will change, for example, the way they offensive rebound against us because they know Capela is Randy Moss and Harden is Dante Culpepper.

So even if these hail Mary's result in a slightly lower PPP than a normal half court possession, they could still be beneficial.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Not questioning Hargawds decisions...until the playoffs

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I don't see a citation, so I'm assuming you wrote it. If so, it's better than anything I've seen on ESPN.

Will likes this.
  10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Cant blame a power puncher for going for the knockout sometime

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

Give him the same patients you gave Zhou Qi

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Whenever Harden goes for the Hail Mary, a little part of me dies.

As soon as I see the windup, I’m like, “No, don’t.....” Every once in a while he makes the connection and it’s awesome and we all, male and female alike, ejaculate all over ourselves. But 90% of the time it doesn’t work, and usually winds up a turnover (as if he doesn’t rack up enough of those), and thus we s*** all over ourselves instead.

It’s the one thing about Harden’s game that I guess I have to live with: when those thread-the-needle passes become thread-the-open-doorway passes, a gift for the opposing team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Today I learned Harden and Joe Chee are doctors and are practicing medicine.

14. bongman

bongman Member

Knowing him, he'll find a way to leverage the rules. Like grow his beard to make that strike zone smaller.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Zero chance those passes only connect 10% of the time.

Just a hunch, but I think our org tracks everything. And I mean everything. I also have a hunch they share their findings with players and coaches and I just can’t see them letting something so terrible continue to happen.

16. MD_in_Training

If those passes keep the other team's bigs on their toes and less inclined to fight for offensive boards (and instead run back on D) then it may be an overall win.

With that said, the one move I want to see more of from James is the floater in the paint. That shot is literally unstoppable and he should be taking 5+ per game.

D-rock, Rocket River and seeingred like this.
  17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He only started doing them when D'Antoni became our HC. I've seen Lin do it during the Linsanity stretch a lot in NYK. I'm fairly sure Mike is actively encouraging the high risk high reward full court passes.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am fairly sure he was using it in mchale era

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep harden needs to be smarter
    turnovers (the ones uncalled for) are the only ugly part of his game