1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV) - The Orville

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Jan 10, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anyone else loving this show, and did Alana actually leave?

DD

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read something months ago while they were filming the episodes about her getting written off of the cast and taking another job in a film.

I haven't seen the latest episode, but if they wrote her out of the story she's probably gone.

Either that or it was an awesome setup for a misdirect.

Also, McFarlane is "involved" with the actress who plays Alana which really doesnt make anything any clearer.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was a little surprised at the end of the episode.

I wasn't aware of any of that background stuff....good on McFarlane for hooking up with her, she's cute.....

[​IMG]

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Isn't her name Alara? Not Alana?

Anyways, it's annoying she left, but I still really like this show. Its smart and characters are well developed. I'm sort of shocked that it's still on TV to be honest. In the age of 4 camera comedies, it's one of those shows that isn't dumb enough. Also, I'm sad it has to now go against Brooklyn 99. Love 99, so glad NBC saved it.

Invisible Fan and GRENDEL like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

FOX really didn't market this show correctly. They made it seem like this was a spoof of Star Trek (with MacFarlane) instead of more of an homage to the Star Trek franchise. When I started watching it, I was waiting for more slapstick and dumb laughs and was initially turned off by it because I wasn't sure what It was. I have heard some good things about this show and have been meaning to catch up.

Star Trek fans are getting their fix from this show more than the CBS All Access show Star Trek Discovery.

DFWRocket likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

GRENDEL likes this.
  7. GRENDEL

Not to mention casting the actors who played Doctor Phlox from Enterprise and The Doctor from Voyager in this episode......just waiting on the inevitable Patrick Stewart cameo.....

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They are replacing Alara with another female security officer from same planet. She will show up after next week's episode.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

never happen. He's team CBS now. Comic book money stopped rolling in.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One of my favorite shows as it doesn’t require tons of deep thought and is constantly entertaining with enough truly funny parts. Hope it lasts.

When people say they don’t make shows like that anymore this is what I think of. Good shows “like that” not crap Older shows

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. DaDakota

Wow - what about Isaac?

I mean, these last 2 episodes were amazing, and that space battle was FRICKEN movie quality.

DD

GRENDEL likes this.
  12. GRENDEL

I really enjoyed them, really think that McFarland decided to make his own version of the Battle of Wolf 359 with all the new visual tools. It was pretty well done.

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

It seemed like half of the first season tried too hard to be funny and it all came off as forced. When it settled in to more character development and less blue humor the stories and writing seemed to improve. This season has been much more entertaining. It certainly doesn't hurt that Brannon Braga has a large role in this series - he did a ton of work on The Next Generation, Voyager and a few of the TNG films.

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. DaDakota