1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Move....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T. Will tha Don, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

language NSFW

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you're saying my brilliant idea for a random trade within a random trade within a random trade within a random trade within a random trade within a random trade won't fly?

[​IMG]

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Jimmy butler is so overrated. In D'antoni's system alongside Harden, he'd be a glorified Tony Allen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This deserves it's own thread.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

rogSetS.gif

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Butler but I dunno about giving up 4 firsts

Rocket River

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Talk about can't read.

WOW.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Norman Power is available. Raptors will attach at least a first round pick and a 2nd pick.
    Power to Rockets, Hawks land Knight/Raptors picks, Hawks players to Raptors, Kings involve to take Chriss/Raptors pick

Toronto Raptors
    $9.37MM cap hit; three years, $32.6MM left on deal after this season
    At age 25, Powell still has room to get better, and could develop into a reliable three-and-D wing.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Raptors pick is going to San Antonio as part of the Kawhi trade, i don't see them moving their 2021 1st when they don't know if Kawhi will stay there, if he leaves they're going to rebuild.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Raptors 2021 first round pick would be top-10 protected.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Powell is not playing well and has a bad contract. Do you really think that’s a Morey target?

luckyman76 and topfive like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

How about lottery protected? Regardless, i don't know which team would be ok to take back on a 3 year deal like that one just for a 2021 protected 1st tbh...

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Honestly, Morey biggest target is luxury tax saving or luxury tax profit. You don't trade Knight/Chriss for something good.
    Tilman would benefit at least 30 million on this deal next 2 years. Use Raptors picks as a tool to dump salary.

Nothing is good on the market except Kevin Love and Otto Porter big contracts.

#34 BigBum, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Are there really still people out there that think after ALL the smoke about Butler conflicting with teammates and coaches on now multiple teams that he would be a good person to add to this team in the middle of the season and they just "figure it out along the way" to the playoffs? I would rather go to war with a team with a little less talent that plays for each other than a more talented team that is working out the turmoil of fitting in together while in the playoffs.

If you really want to educate yourself, do some research on the Tuckman stages of Group Development - any mid season trade for Butler at this point would mean we would be in the "storming" phase of group development during the playoffs - in other words, we would underperform. If you REALLY want Butler, you are better suited to pursue him in the offseason so they can push that Storming phase to the preseason/early season when it matter less. Say what you want but you can look at LOTS of examples in the NBA where big names have changed teams mid season and the team underperformed relative to their talent level while the team was trying to 'figure it out'(ie. "storming") until the team reached an 'understanding' of norms and started optimizing performance. This is also one of the reasons I think GS could struggle a bit after trying to introduce Boogie if they haven't done enough in practice to work out some of the storming that will invariably occur with introducing another big ego to a team full of big egos.

hakeem94 and RoyalGuard like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Orlando gets: Brandon Knight, Marques Chriss , a 2019 1st

Minnesota gets: Terrance Ross

Houston gets: Robert Covington, Jonathan Simmons.
    ---------------------------------
    Why?

Minny gets a another scorer.

Orlando gets a vet PG with upside after injury and more playing for their young wing players plus a 1st.

Rox add more defensive versatility and wait for Paul and Gordon to get healthy.

T. Will tha Don likes this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

refrain yourself sis

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Knight stats so far.
    2 ppg
    field goal 23%
    3 field goal 19%

It might not be traded by deadline this year. Trading Gordon does not make any sense in term of upgrade.

29 teams are over the CAP.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I officially christen this thread “The non-sanctioned trade thread”! :cool:

Since it’s a non-sanctioned thread, you can post whatever makes you happy! Van Halen with DLR makes me happy....;)

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

noice!! I'm a big fan of the Oxford comma

BamBam likes this.