1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Davenport, Martin, and Fulton are keepers. They need another OG and another OT.

Rudyc281 and solid like this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Even better.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Davenport is the worst starting offensive lineman on the team.

They need 4 new offensive lineman not counting Nick Martin who I would draft his replacement next year if he isn't better in 2019. Nick martin was very average and I will give him the benefit of the doubt due to his major injuries and time it takes to recover from them.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And yet he was the best starting tackle on any team in the first round of the playoffs.....

Anyway, there's not point in arguing about this. You might get 2 new starting O linemen next season but 4 not only has no chance of happening, it wouldn't even be a good thing IF it happened. You'd almost certainly end up with a worst O line if it did.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know why people forgetting how bad he was because PFF said he was the best on wild card weekend. That was one week. One week doesn't erase a whole season. It would be so Texans to crown him next year's starter because of his performance in a game they lost but two scores. #DevlinMustGo

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Could easily make a trade to get another pick in the first two or three rounds.

Cody Ford, Yodny Cajuste, Best interior lineman available round 3, and getting a tackle in free agency.

It could very easily happen.

PFF just came out and claimed the Texans had the 4th best secondary in the league in 2018.

[​IMG]

So we should all take PFF with a grain of salt.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well feel free to keep the ridiculous fantasy alive then I suppose.

I should note, that the reason for the Texans secondary score is how good the safety position was and how good JJO was for most of the season. The main problem the Texans had is that their CB's outside of JJO were trash....that doesn't take down the entire unit when you are rating them as a whole but it can absolutely cause you to lose games as the same CB gets targeted again and again. On paper, KJax, JJo, Mathieu, and Ried absolutely are one of the top secondaries in the league....problem is the game is played on the field and Shareece Wright kept seeing far too much of it.

The Texans didn't make this any easier on themselves by continuing to play Shareece Wright who might be the worst CB in the league while keeping Aaron Colvin sidelined.

HstnSprtsFan101 and Rodman23 like this.
  8. raining threes

Get Donovan Smith in FA and draft Ford or Cajuste in round 1.

Smith/Kelemete/Martin/Fulton and either Ford or Cajuste.

The OL will be much improved. I would keep Davenport and Henderson around for depth.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. raining threes

They can draft a CB in rd 2 or 3 because there probably will be a better OL there at 23 than a CB. Go for the most talented guy.

No Worries likes this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But Wright had a negative score, correct?

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That's what I figured. Scare tactic to wake Fournette up a little.

13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Are we going to hire an OC? if i was Cal Mcnair i would request a oc be hired, you cant keep letting obrien call his plays,
    i think he and shanahan are the only ones that do not have someone as OC in the NFL

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, one of them has to be an OT and one of them has to be a CB, I don't care what they do with the 3rd.

raining threes likes this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

That’s good for them. I don’t know what he’s going to do about his co tract now that it has already been confirmed he has no guarantees.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It was reported when the new broke that Fournette could challenge it so sure there is a mechanism for them to reverse it.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Personally I would like for to get two OL out of those 3 picks. Preferably a G/C and an OT.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the team is for sure sticking with Nick Martin at least for the next few years, but there's a need at OG, so if after they took care of OT and CB they grabbed an OG, I'd be all for it unless there was something better available at a different position of need.

raining threes and coachbadlee like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, now that I look at it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Martin sign a long term deal with the Texans this offseason.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

Please just get a OC.

red5rocket and Bobbythegreat like this.