1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 1/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's usually what happens after a loss in these forums. They lose their minds. Lol. I'm just mad at what I considered negative vibes when certain posters were having certain type of "feels" during halftime.

HP3 likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I feel like MCW could have been the difference here.

Roomba, BasketMAD, malakas and 8 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Can you imagine one of these poster at half time haha, Clint might kill one of them.

ElPigto likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What do you mean compared to the bucks ?

Who did MIL have that killed us tonight ?

Brogdon ? He got all his points off cuts . That's not exactly individual talent roasting people . The bucks beat us as a team through scheme and execution/ energy .

Do I think Morey should be doing more to get in an actual player for Melo ? Yes

Do I think Morey should do the same with Chriss ? Yes ,

But , it takes two to tango . Morey can't make a trade without another GM wanting to , and there is truth to what he says about GM's needing deadlines to precipitate deals .

On the other hand , there is nothing stopping dantoni from playing the players already on the roster .

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Bucks just proved tonight they play better ball in Milwaukee than they do making beer. Isn't Old Milwaukee the cheap beer?

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I actually wanna have a conversation with you because I know you can keep it civil .

Why do you agree with what MDA did . Why do you think his particular moves tonight gave us the best chance of winning ?

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm seriously impressed by a team with 1 stud and a bunch of role players and cast-offs (Clint may be a bit better than that) either beat or at least play with the best teams in the league so far. If Gordon and CP3 can add to that what they're capable of, we've got the makings of a pretty good chance again.

Deuce, IvanLCPM, jboslett and 6 others like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would have!! I would have enjoyed seeing his big smile and dimples.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's good to be reminded of this.

I still really want another quick PF/C, though. Get our guards healthy again and get another front-court player, and I think we're every bit as good as last year.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We lost the game because Clint was terrible around the hoop tonight.

I don’t want to pin the whole game on him because while harden routinely has 6+ TOs in games I really thought a lot of them tonight especially in the second half were killers.

Bottom line is harden got frustrated for the first time I’ve seen all season. I like it that’s part of the reason we came roaring back down 15 with 6 min left. He got Mad and forced the game to be close. You could see on the bucks faces even G when we cut it to 3 that they had fear of harden taking the game from them.

But still if Clint shoot even 50% and is 8-16 instead of 4-16 rockets win the game by 3-4 points just on that alone.

I thought we played brilliant on both sides for the most part in the first half. We really made G work in the 1st half even to start the 3rd when the bucks took the lead we immediately got it right back to a 5 point lead.

But.... that 17-2 run to end the 3rd was a huge hole and then they just didn’t come out ready to go till around the 6 min mark and we just ran out of time.

The bucks really impressed me tonight but I still really think we gave that game up. We’re better than the bucks we can beat them even without cp3 and Gordon.

To me and maybe I’m being a homer but I really think the only team that can realistically beat us in a 7 game series is the warriors.

Our D needs to improve but overall it’s good enough in today’s nba. We are never going to be as good as the bucks on D but we don’t have to be.

Rockets need to heat healthy they’ve clearly proved over the last month they can beat all the elite teams.

Just got to pile up the easy wins the schedule is soft for the most part the rest of the season need to just eventually get harden a breather.

IvanLCPM, hakeem94 and everyday eddie like this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Why, Just Why?
    If you just sat there it would be the same as what we saw tonight from our coach. Please, clap a lot and say the ball is sticky. That work for a while, too. Remember to dress nice and let Harden do what he want so you can keep you ready good seats to the game for a long time.

hakeem94, kjayp and shvedsucks like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

cp3 and gordon not gonna fix the rebounding and paint defense issues but hopefully they come back and play better than before they were hurt.

harden just needed someone to run the offense at a mediocre level during the end of that 3rd quarter (and for capela to not play so bad)

only thing i'm really worried about is, harden can't keep playing like this can he?

like eventually he has to come down to earth. he struggled shooting last year in the playoffs. i'd sacrifice an mvp seaosn if cp3 could pick up the slack and maybe lead the team towards the 2nd half of the season if it means harden not getting burnt out.

#1212 Mr. Space City, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    BasketMAD and PeterKingX like this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

James Johnson would fit so well

jboslett likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

brogdon is a *very* good player who not only defended james on the perimeter probably as well as i've seen this season, but also made 9 of 12 shots yes roasting james and whoever else off both cuts and first step drives. but aside from brogdon/giannis they had 4 more players in double figures, which doesn't even include brook lopez completely euthanizing capela in the paint tonite.

the point is we just need bodies. our rotation players have been run into the ground during this stretch with cp3/gordon out. TOR has absolutely no use for mccaw right now -- why didn't morey sign him? why hasn't morey acquired any kind of big to help out when nene has to sit? this is not how you manage a roster when you're trying to contend.

jboslett likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Milwaukee is a **** hole.

16. H-Town Rockets Guy

I believe Rockets are a pretty darn good team. The way we played against some of the top teams in the league in the past couple of weeks proved it. This game was very winnable. If it wasn't for the bad 3rd qtr, we would have easily won this game. We had way too many turnovers, and we gave up too many easy layups. This was still a 3 point game with 2 mins to go. Harden got some great looks but couldn't knock it down. We played without Chris Paul and Gordon. I just hope we address our needs to find another rim protector/rebounded who also can hit outside shots. Dedmon will be the ideal target. Get it done Morey

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why Nene did not play? Any word on that?

Hard believe we only have 1 big man...

Morey stop signing midget guards.
    Give us a big guy who can rebound and defense!!!

18. HP3

HP3 Member

What moves did you want him to make? Nene, who's would have gotten killed on the boards? Gary whos shot is still suspec( i would like him to play though, i dont know why he refuses, its probably cause he sees PJ as essential out there and we are screwed without him, Ennis? Yea he's super untrusting to Gary, but I donno man, we are boned here we are 6th in the West after tonight? We have to win games here or we are done. I hate the short rotations, but i wish we had more guys we could trust. Also Danuel played real bad today. I dont know what was suppossed to be done to win this game cause when Harden is out...its like good teams will eventually take advantage of that, we even saw it last game.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Teams lose games this one sucks ppl will make a bigger deal out of it than need be.

Sorta like when we won against GS last week. It was awsome we loved it Media Ate it up but it wasn’t that big a deal it was one game.

But it’s always disappointed to lose to good teams. Especially when we could have won.

Rockets are fine will win the next 5 easy games and then go to Philadelphia and bang them out on ESPN of TNT whatever network is showing that game.

I so hope Lebron is back for the lakers game. Love to beat him for the 3rd time this year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everybody has a down game Capela has been playing great for q long time now a bad game here and there is expected.