1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How did the Rockets perform over the "Schedule of Death"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, Jan 9, 2019.

?

What do you think about the last 10 games?

1. The Rockets Kicked Ass

179 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. The Rockets Kicked a bit of Ass

55 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. The Rockets merely observed Ass

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. The Rockets were Ass

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Starting from the San Antonio game on December 22nd, the Rockets record has been 8-2 during this challenging stretch of the schedule, and that's without Chris Paul the entire way.

Every single opposing team over this period is a playoff contender, and there were even a few league leaders thrown in for good measure. I believe the wins against the (then) streaking Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, and Nuggets were excellent, and also very important in setting the tone for the season going forward.

The Bucks loss may have taken a bit of luster off of our team's recent run, but taking a step back, I think the Rockets, thanks to monumental efforts from James Harden again and again, are in a pretty good spot heading into the next game, and if they can summon even a modicum of this effort against the weaker teams of the league, I think a return to the top of the west isn't outside the realm of possibility.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no one should be upset by that record. the rockets still have the best record in the league vs .500 and above teams.

i hope you guys really appreciate this. when you look at the rockets roster and see they are beating good teams with austin rivers, and house out of the D league as starters, that lets you know the greatness of harden. this is why i often compare him to lebron james in terms of impact. there are few players in the history of this game that could play with a depleted roster like this and still look like title contenders.

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They did amazing, considering we've had Paul and Gordon out. And we've played a lot of good defensive teams and won.

Smacktle, RyanB, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kicked ass, not even a question, kinda sucks we lost in the last minutes by little margin games against meh teams like Miami and Portland, one against a good one tonight, but i actually think it's amazing we won like 12 games in the last 15 without Chris Paul and without Gordon against many teams over .500. And that game at the Oracle...man, that game alone adds so much positiveness...that's one of those game we'll never forget.

5. H-Town Rockets Guy

Rockets did great considering we were without CP3 and Gordon.

Smacktle and Lawlruschang like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Better than anyone could have expected.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Genuinely inspiring watching them do it.

Smacktle, Lawlruschang and Patience like this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

It’s still early in the season. We need to have health and stamina come play off.

The more important thing is do we have a formula for success? In Harden I trust. But I look forward to a trade by the trade deadline to improve our defense.

Smacktle likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

They did amazing and now it's time to rack up more W's against some weaker competition.

Smacktle, khanhdum and rgw20014life like this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Winning at an .800 clip in any professional sport over any 10 game stretch is fantastic.

I thought they were dead in the water prior to this run …. They are right back in the thick of the race for a 1-4 top playoff seed.

Smacktle, hakeem94 and clutchdabear like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We have one of the easier strength of scheduled remaining. OKC have the most difficult remaining while LAL, GSW, and DEN are top 10 difficult as well.

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

With our improved play and elite player reinforcements, the #3 seed should be expected.

Smacktle, BeBreezy, malakas and 2 others like this.
  12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Harden carried this team from potentially fighting for their playoffs lives at the end of the season to having a chance to get top 3.

Smacktle and clutchdabear like this.
  13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Without CP3, this was supposed to be the death stretch that was going to knock us out of the playoff standings. Too bad for the rest of the league, we have the MVP.

14. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Harden has been unstoppable. So dominant. So fun to watch him own the league. With a healthy team we will be hard to beat, especially if Morey pulls some magic at the trade deadline and adds a buyout player too. We have to stock up if Cousins comes back healthy for the playoffs.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

12-3 is pretty fu.king good given the injuries and who they all went up against.

Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Incredible run really. I haven't seen one player carry a team like this since the Moses Malone years.

Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I was guilty of thinking the Rockets might end up either in the bottom seeds or on the outside looking in after CP3 went down.

Little did I know (and I should have known) Harden would turn into Bearded Goku

Smacktle and RocketRed4life like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Amazingly well

Smacktle and Lawlruschang like this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I expect we will end up with the #1 seed in WC.