1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

2. VanityHalfBlack

its a work.

vinsensual likes this.
  3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Don’t think so he seems bitter at the booking and that Tanahashi “hasn’t surpassed him”

Is this the year Kenny Omega shows up in the RR?

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Really want Kenny to go to the WWE but after this weeks Being the Elite it seems like he is going to AEW. There just isn't any fresh matchups for him with AEW, I would love to see him mix it up with Daniel Bryan and Rollins as opposed to the guys he has been wrestling for years now.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Would be awesome to have Kenny debut at the Rumble, that would be an insane pop, but I have the feeling it'll be AEW

6. VanityHalfBlack

Kenny's contract doesn't end till the 31st. So no, he will not be in the Rumble. Also you gotta remember the MSG show, they are probably going to do Omega vs Tanahashi the rematch there. The only person I'm worried about going to WWE is Kushida. Look what happened to Itami and Nakamura?

7. VanityHalfBlack

I might be in the minority but I thought Tanahashi vs Omega was better than the Okada matches. That main event was something else. Also Jericho wants to challenge Tanahashi as well, so you might get Tana vs Omega or Tana vs Jericho at MSG.

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Kushida sounds like he’s signed with WWE.

Itami’s injuries kept him from being an NXT Champion. He still had some pretty classic matches. Fine with him on 205 live, some guys can’t take the heavyweight bumps. And Itami is a great guy to elevate guys on that show.

Nakamura’s first 3 years are not bad at all. 2x NXT Champion, United States Champion, Royal Rumble Winner, Wrestled for the WWE Championship at WM, NXT Male Wrestler of the year & overall wrestler of the year. Debut match vs Sami Zayn was at the top of most MOTY’s

Dave2000 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

PAC and Jericho both appear at the AEW rally.

Mr.Pringles and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  10. VanityHalfBlack

Jericho just signed a contract with AEW, HOLY SHIET!!!

11. VanityHalfBlack

Cody and the bucks made a partnership to get these guys as well. Consider me Intrigued!!!

First PPV is gonna be in Vegas!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Hope they sign Omega but looks like it could be Hangman Page vs PAC at Double or Nothing, maybe for the championship

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I think Kenny signs with AEW but I also think they're going to try like hell to get a working relationship with NJPW so they can continue to make appearances in Japan. It would be kind of odd for Kenny to go full-time in the U.S. so soon after becoming a Japanese citizen.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

I hope so too. Can't lose the partnership overseas. Would hate for Kenny to sign full time and face Cody 20x a year, lol. I hope they get more talents soon. TV deal is the deal breaker.

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Doesn’t look like NJPW wants too start a working relationship with All Elite in the early years..sticking with ROH. TV deal is suppose to be the big announcement at Double or Nothing. A 60-90 minute show on TNT is the rumor floating around.

Will be interesting too see what happens over the next few years with guys like KO, Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, Shinsuke, Cesaro, etc

All Elite has to have Omega if they want too land big FA’s

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I actually want Kenny Omega in WWE right now, as odd as that may sound.

He's been working with the AEW guys for a while; I'd like to see him work with some of the guys in WWE. He could sign a 3 year deal for lots of money, then at that point assess if he wants to stay or if he wants to re-join his buds at AEW.

Of course, my Omega-to-WWE scenario envisions Omega being guaranteed to be in a featured role. So if WWE agrees to give him the opportunity and the $$$ then that is what I would like to see.

On a similar note, there are several (IMO) underutilized people in WWE I'd like to see jump ship to AEW (or elsewhere). So, lest I be perceived as some WWE-fanboy, I just wanted to put that out there.

body slam and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

I just want to see Vince Mcmahonson's reaction to all of this. That is a show in itself and probably better than watching raw,hahahah! Honestly, I bet he doesn't give a **** just like his current product. GO NXT!!!!! SHAYNA!!!

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think NJPW has to stay on ROH's side until they finish the Madison Square Garden show. It's already sold out, so I guess it doesn't need to worry about drawing power, but regarding Japan wrestling's sensibilities towards loyalty, it would seem skeevy to just hop onto AEW now. After that MSG show, though I think they'd want to hook up with AEW, unless we find out AEW is now partners with Dragon Gate. There wasn't even a token ROH championship match on wrestle kingdom.

But ROH is so dry of talent right now.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The podcasts I listen to expect a heavy card for that g1 show. American Airlines has a huge capacity compared to what NJPW normally draws, even in the stateside shows. They think it'll be night 1 for both A block and B block which would be nuts.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If they were truly booking the match with the mindset that Kenny was leaving, they would have had Kenny hit the one winged angel, and had Tanahashi kick out of it. KUSHIDA did his finisher, submission and closed fist punch, and Ishimori more or less no-sold them.
    As stated he's still under contract by the time of the rumble. And while I don't want him in WWE, I'm THIS close to buying a ticket to Elimination Chamber just in case something crazy happens.