1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

BoB said that Colvin was never 100% after his high ankle sprain. But then again he started out behind Kevin Johnson and JJo to start the season.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Biggest disappointment this season. I wasn't as high on him as others were but I expected him to be at least better than Kareem the CB. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the secondary this off-season. As well as Kareem the safety played, he doesn't need to play CB ever again. And they don't need 4 good safeties and 1 1/2 CBs

red5rocket likes this.
  3. gucci888

I have no idea why I just watched that. Obviously injuries were an issue but have a hard time believing there wasn't a single unsigned player out there who wasn't a better option than Wright.

BigShasta and HstnSprtsFan101 like this.
  4. gucci888

I'm bringing back KJax if the price is right first and foremost. Reid, Hal and KJax is a strong safety group. Wouldn't mind bringing TM back either but assuming we can only bring one back, think KJax is the more dependable player. Let JJo finish out his deal and hope Colvin can turn things around. Draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd and grab another mid-rounder. Conversely, I'm offering a 1st for Patrick Peterson.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They had a guy better than Wright who was a big offseason signing that they made a healthy scratch.

Nook likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Matthieu has the intangibles and plays both safety positions. I do worry about his size. I think I'd still take him over Jackson. Yes to Patrick Peterson but you'll still need some youth and speed to team up with Peterson and Joseph. Tackle and CB are positions they absolutely have to address with their first four picks.

gucci888 and red5rocket like this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not a good sign for Fournette staying with Jags. Don't see them keeping Fournette, Hyde, Yeldon, and Rawls.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeldon a FA

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Both parties believe Yeldon won’t be returning. Fournette is the one. His remaining contract is not guaranteed.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well as usual other teams are making all the early, big ballsy moves while the Texans sit back and watch. They should at least look to grab one of the top tier OC floating around out there. Stop waiting to see if other teams have interest first.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. gucci888

Like who? Honest question.

12. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

not obrien you know whats even funnier, Mcclain was on his chat yesterday and he stated that if they did get a OC it would be their TE Coach LOL

13. gucci888

Ya I saw that. Luckily it's from McClain so chances are he's just talking out of his ass but man that reeks of a BoB move.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly. Anybody besides WoB.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

McClain has been pretty on-point since Rick Smith left

Nook likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

O.K. then, Davenport and Martin are keepers, need to fill three other OL positions.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

OH! OH! OH! I know - and maybe I've mentioned this before, I can't remember - but I'd give Tony Elliott, Watson's primary playcaller at Clemson, a call and offer him my ATM code.

Nook, BigShasta and MadMax like this.
  19. gucci888

That’d be a nice hire. But not sure I consider him a “top tier OC floating around.” Him and Venables easily have the safest coordinator positions in college football. Both could easily be P5 head coaches if they want.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Martin is overrated at C. He's not bad but they could do better. Small sample size, but Mancz played better in the one season he started at Center. Fulton graded out as a top C in his last year in KC. And uh no on Davenport. I say throw a bunch of linemen into camp and may the best 8 win. That is, after they get rid of Mike Devlin.

Rudyc281 likes this.