1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injured yet again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Looks like my injuries just keep piling up. in May of 2017, I got scoped for for a badly torn meniscus. In December of 2017, I had an olive sized bone spur removed from under my Achilles tendon and that surgery took 8 months to be pain free in recovery. I was finally doing better, walking, exercising, strengthening, and now this.

I went bowling this Saturday, and was waiting at the doors when the bowling lanes opened. My sons put me as the first bowler. As I planted for my release, I slipped and hit the deck what seemed like a hurdlers stretch. It happened fast, but I could swear I tore my jeans because I heard a tearing sound and felt a few pops going down hard. Instant excruciating pain, and I was on the ground for 10-15 minutes before i could move to a chair.

My first thought was that I crossed the foul line and slid in the lane, but as I looked, I was way short of the foul line. Looking at the floor from where I was still sitting in pain clutching my hamstring, I saw smears of liquid on the ground. My guess is that some of the leftover lane oil made it to the approach area and was not cleaned up. Since I was the first person of the day to bowl, I had the bad luck to "discover" it.

As I still on the ground writhing in pain, some of the workers there were there trying to find out what happened. when I told them it was wet, one of the guys tried to argue that it wasn't, but another worker told him to shut up and that it was wet. they grabbed some towels and started drying it up. My girlfriends daughter had the presence of mind to film them cleaning up the slick. They asked if i needed an ambulance, but I said I would just be driven to the hospital. I called for the manager, but the manager was not even on sight. He had gone to the bank and only the desk clerk was there. I filled out an incident report and asked for their insurance info which she did not give. I had to be rolled to my vehicle on a roller chair and went straight to the ER. ER doc took xrays and found no breaks in knee or hip. They wrapped me up, gave me an rx for flexril and 800 mg ibuprofen, and referred me to and orthopedic MD. Everything was put on my insurance because the bowling lanes didn't surrender their insurance info.

After I got home, I called the bowling lanes and the manager in charge was finally back. He informed me he didn't know what to do, but to call back on Monday to speak to the General Manager. I told him I needed to speak to her immediately, but he said she was out of town and I could call her on Monday. I told him I would not be calling back and they would be speaking to my attorney since they obviously were not concerned enough to call to find out what was going on. After I got off the phone, I did call a personal injury attorney and got an immediate call back and scheduled an appt for today. The GM from the bowling lanes then called me to find out what happened, but I was advised not to give any information.
    So here I am on crutches and in pain at work. My entire hamstring up to my hip is in pain, and the muscle relaxant and pain killer are not even putting a dent in the pain. My hamstring looks very strange...thin by my knee and fat in the middle and upper hamstring area. I have no strength in that area and the pain is constant. I've had it compressed the entire time, and that seems to help most. Without support, I can't even move my leg without huge pain.

What a great start to the year.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't envy your luck breh. hope for your speedy recovery and a good compensation from the bowling alley.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Damn...just just sounds like it hurts. Being a teacher ain't gonna help either because you won't get to keep it up like you should. Compression is about all you can do until you get in to the ortho.

4. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Sucks. Hope you hired the Texas Hammer.

[​IMG]

5. Falcons Talon

I have my ortho appontment tomorrow. I can already tell this is going to take a long time to heal, and I have a new Specialized Roubaix coming in on Wednesday. I won't be riding that for awhile.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I just torn my Satorius /f*cking/honeymoon muscle in the top of my left thigh, worse pain I've ever felt. IDK what imma gonna due.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I just torn my Satorius /f*cking/honeymoon muscle in the top of my left thigh, worse pain I've ever felt. IDK what imma gonna due.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That sucks. And it's not like bowling alleys have deep pockets. I hope for your sake they are properly insured.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Call Jackie Chiles !

DD

10. Falcons Talon

Secured an attorney, he sent me to his MD, and now setting up PT. This is not going to be fun.

DonnyMost likes this.
  11. Falcons Talon

Thanks for keeping my spirits up.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  12. droxford

droxford Member

That sucks, bro. Hope you're better soon.

I'm in a lot of pain, too. I got a paper cut yesterday, and man, those things sting!

13. Falcons Talon

Want to trade?

14. Buck Turgidson

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

.... did you get a strike?

Falcons Talon, B-Bob and JuanValdez like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, I'm really sorry to hear this. Sounds excruciating.

But do all of y'all realize how great "bowling fail" gifs are?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#16 B-Bob, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Falcons Talon and jcf like this.
  17. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Did anyone record it? We can sell the video to help some off the expenses.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Sent you to HIS doctor?

Choose one of those PI attorney’s...

19. Falcons Talon

LOL! The only video I have is of me writhing in pain on the ground while the clean up crew was cleaning the approach area. In my defense, I did not step past the foul line into the lane. The oil was right where I planted my last step in the approach lane.

20. Falcons Talon

Nope, but I have a recording of the workers cleaning the area where I fell. Attorney said they are going to get the surveillance video.

#20 Falcons Talon, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    RocketBlood likes this.