1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ennis's playing time will kill us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Jan 8, 2019.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

To be honest, as long as Ennis comes on, I will be scared.

It's absolutely impossible for him to start again. I don't think he should be given too much time in the main bench rotation position.

On the offensive side, he has no bright spot. Looking at the lucky shooting, he has no dynamic breakthrough.
    The defensive side, as long as he is on the court, will destroy our defensive system. The other side breaks through him like walking on the road at two o'clock in the morning. The most lethal thing is that he always likes to give 2 + 1 to his opponent, which really makes me feel collapsed.

Well, now I can only comfort myself with reason. He only gets a base salary contract, and can't ask him to do more.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

He just looks lost and not confident. Disconnected. And then he cuts through the middle like a knife in a butter like on that one play tonight. He has the ability..... Maybe you should stop reading clutchfans James and focus on kicking ass, because I know you are reading this

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I wouldn't look too much into it. He's a fine bench player. He looks worse now because there's no HOF PG on the floor with him at all times. When he started, Harden and Paul/Gordon would set him up and they would draw defensive attention. When he's coming off the bench while Paul/EG are down, it's not his role. If you expected him to be good at this, that's on you. He's an average 3&D player nothing more, nothing less. Brings depth at the minimum salary. The other thing is we're playing high quality opponents at the moment.

What we're lacking is more quality at the 3/4 positions. House's motivation and adrenaline is diminishing already, I can see it. House and Ennis are our 2nd and 3rd best Forwards. THAT is our problem, not Ennis.

roslolian, Lawlruschang and ElPigto like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'd trade him, if there is a decent opportunity.

SF3isBack!!, bro2044 and rocketman84 like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah he doesn't do anything well except for like a cut to the rim once/twice a game.

6. valorita

valorita Member

The most disappointing thing about him has been his defense.

Gambles without results, undisciplined, can’t stay in front of his man, poor post and positional defense, and fouls unnecessarily.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Was last night his first game back after being out for a long time?

If so... uhhh ok

8. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Typical CF members overreacting to one game. If Ennis plays better next game, we'll see threads about how he's the perfect role player and has replaced Ariza.

RyanB, Moleb and airflights92 like this.
  9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He used to play great defense on Harden. Don’t know where that tenacity went. He’s a scrub tho

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Did he play well before being out?

D-rock likes this.
  11. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

At least I'm not. There's no obvious difference between his contribution and his health. Even when he was healthy, he still did a lot of damage to the defensive end of the team.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

versus Nuggets

14 min
    +2

DreamShook and SamFisher like this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I doubt he gets much playing time if the Rockets get healthy. Especially come playoff time. Even if Morey doesn't get another wing player via trade or buyout, the rotation will be:

Capela, Nene
    Tucker
    House, Green
    Harden, Gordon
    CP3, Rivers

D'Antoni, given his history, will not play 10 players in the postseason. Hell, he may not even play 9. And if he does, that's probably who gets all the minutes. When PJ sits, they'll go small.

D-rock likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ennis is a better defensive player than Green, by a lot. He was getting more minutes than Green before the injury, and when he get's back to form he will be ahead of him again.

He's definitely looked sluggish in his 3 games back, but there was nothing wrong with his contributions before the injury. His only "problem" was that our wing situation was dog s**t and he was being forced to start. He's a fine 15-20 MPG bench player. Granted, if we do add a wing at the deadline he might be pushed out of the rotation, Rivers and House have moved ahead of him.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Green is a bad defensive player, but he's more than making up for it at the offensive end lately. I'd rather have him out there than Ennis.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

this thread makes no sense. ennis is just fine in limited minutes off the bench and just showed it last night. some people hold these weird expectations for role players and completely misguides actual judgement. its either they're perfect or scrub. mistakes are not allowed. there's apparently no middle ground

Game7 and Madmanmetz like this.
  17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Houston lose a lot because of him.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I like Patrick McCaw in the Rockets.
    But then again why did Cleveland just cut him after just signing him 3 days before?

D-rock likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

anus is our new sewer

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, that is the bottom line for me too. Corey Brewer II.

SF3isBack!!, D-rock and topfive like this.