1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Netflix movie - Springsteen on Broadway.

10/10

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prime has A Bridge Too Far until the end of the year. Still holds up pretty well battle scene-wise. The acting is still pretty wooden, especially Ryan O'Neal. Still a pretty accurate film history-wise. 7.5/10

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree!!!!! The most overrated movie I've ever seen. Predictable and very cheesy plot.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jurrsaic world fallen kingdom. 6/10.

It was so damn corny... but it was still fun and with how it ended I’ll need to watch the last one.

When the raptor jumped through a glass window to escape the explosion I lost it.
    Spoiler alert.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Notebook - life changing

Dances with Wolves- again life changing

Underworld 6 - life altering

Saw IV - top 5 horror film (in Saw franchise) all-time in my opinion

Transformers 3 - top 10 movie about transformers all-time

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Welcome to Marwen - absolutely loved it reminded me of Forest Gump - 9.4/ 10

There is no ****ing way I'd watch that stupid movie.

donkeypunch and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bird Box - 7.5 It was solid and somewhat original. Occasionally the dialogue or scenes didn't seem to fit in organically but like they were inserted because the writers just wanted to push the story along. It was good but sometimes the seams were showing.

8. noize

noize Contributing Member

The Mule - 7.0

A pretty good Clint Eastwood movie despite it dragging a bit and the ending was a little anti-climatic.

body slam likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

"Because you liked the adventures of sabrina....." Hellraiser Judgement: -6 out of 10. B movies can be fun but this wasn't that. I have never been grossed out by a movie in my entire life than I was during the opening sequence. So much so, I clicked the forward slider all the way to just 10 minutes before the movie ended.
    I gave it a negative six because the ending was a nice twist. Netflix, you don't know me, bro! And this is supposed to be a puzzle. If the algorithm for a rubix cube is complicated I expect one to open the gates of hell to be a little more difficult than just rubbing the box like you're on second base with the lover.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Bird box-10/10
    I must say it’s the Best movie I’ve watched while baked

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The ritual. That was a good creepy movie similar to a quiet place

12. VanityHalfBlack

Is it really good? I like horror is it horror? Oh and reason I haven't jumped on it yet is the title? Bird Box? Sounds r****ded as hell.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah Awkwafina. She's good.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I thoroughly enjoyed it and it’s hard for me to sit through some movies these days; definitely a unique plot.

I guess it’s meant to be horror but there’s no jump scares or anything like that. More of a survival movie, similar to “The Happening”. If you liked that movie you’ll really like this one. And the title refers to the birds that they use to warn them when the creatures are near.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  15. body slam

body slam Member

this pretty much sums it up for me

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

They shall not grow old - amazing if you’re interested in pure historical documentaries. Even more so if you’re a fan of World War I which I think is the most fascinating war of the modern era. The restoration Peter Jackson and his team did to 100+ yr old film was absolutely incredible.

I only wish they went into more of the details of the war but m, as Jackson comments in the making of documentary immediately following the film, the war was so immense with so much footage that they had to make the conscientious decision to simply focus on what it was like fighting on the front lines. In that regard he knocked it out of the park.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

Re-watched Hitman's Bodyguard in light of sequel coming out. Ryan Reynolds and Samuel Jackson. Not highly rated, but I was (again) thoroughly entertained. 8.5.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Buffalo Soldiers. 7/10. Really good movie that holds up. Joaquin Phoenix is so good in that dark, deadpan role.

19. Buck Turgidson

Really want to see that, the little bit of footage I've seen really does look amazing.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I decided to watch Jacob's Latter for the first time since I saw it at the theater in 1990 - it was really disturbing back then on a deep level. Not as bad the 2nd time but it is still a mind **** - I forgot so much of the weird stuff that happens. 8.4/ 10

Deuce, peleincubus and Buck Turgidson like this.