1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Eagles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yet people in here still blame OBrien. Watson is great, but he's still not seeing the field like a true start, yet, which is scary because he's scary good. The downside of that is that because he doesn't see the field well, and refuses to throw the ball away, he's causing a good bit of our sacks.

If he can improve on this, the sky is the limit.

Here comes the "but his stats are great" crowd. They are. But they're great partly because he's not throwing the ball away.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If our hc shtty playcall generates enough points for us to lead at the half, I believe we have a solid chance of winning this vital game.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I may the biggest Watson defender on here. He has a few warts that he has shown at times not to be issues. He is inconsistent in performance in regards to reading the field. This was a perfect "option" route ran by DT. Watson will watch film and hit that play before the season is over. Good learning moment there and I can guarantee BoB was replaying that over and over in the film room. Good option route by DT.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

***insert Mike Tyson concussion joke here***

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

We can't assume every play where he takes a sack is like this. There are many other plays that have been discussed where there are no open receivers. And there are many plays, even some also posted by PatDStat where he does go through reads and finds the open receiver. He is not perfect and he is going to miss receivers every now and then. Even the best do it. What they do differently is they throw the ball away instead of taking a sack. He does need to learn that. The biggest evidence as to why not all blame goes to Deshaun is we've seen the offense called differently. We saw it during the last drive last week and most of the time last year.

Three receivers targeted in that last drive. Not one sack taken. Why O'Brien doesn't do this more often is why he'll continue to take some due criticism.

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Whoa! I knew about the Texans but didn't realize the Oilers were oh-fer as well.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Last game of the regular season in 2012 the Texans were playing for the #1 overall seed vs. a Colts team that had nothing to play for as they were locked into their wildcard spot. Texans lost, moved all the way down to the 3 seed, killing their season.

8. HstnSprtsFan101

Brutal. DW4 isn’t allowing that. Let’s not let Foles kill our season. The guy has a great calmness about him and is tough to rattle but he’s a statue and throws ducks all day. The LA defense was putrid Sunday Night, Eagles receivers were running free all night. We need our secondary to play their best game of the season. They were nails in the 4Q when Colvin was inserted for Wright. Let’s hope we keep that rolling.

Can’t wait for Sunday

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Eagles are overrated....Texans will crush them.

Sucks because we will be doing the cowboys a solid. FA*kkkkkkk.

It is what it is tho. Worth it to see the Seahawks kill them in the wild card round. Whatevz

Houstunna likes this.
  10. Texanstradamus

Jags @ home when they are pretty much ready to go on vacation would be the clincher for the bye but right now the eagles are the main focus

11. Texanstradamus

This game here I just hope it isn’t a stressful one but when u think about last year having meaningful games in December is actually (fun) just stressful at the same time cause of what’s a stake like I’m not looking ahead but in a potential rematch with the pats in a divisional round game much rather have them here than over there for the 142211 time can’t remember the last time we played them at nrg

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My wife requested that I set up her birthday brunch at that new Bisou place this Sunday. It was a while back and I thought nothing of it. Now I have to reddit stream to my phone I think. Doubt they have TVs. UGHHHHHHHHH.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They actually had a chance to clinch it initially the week before at home against the Vikings and got pummeled. That team was 11-1 and finished 1-3 to signal the beginning of the end of the Kubiak era....

14. cmmt44

cmmt44 Member

My buddy's dad is the head chef there and partner with the owners, its great you will enjoy it. They do have TV's at the bar area

houstonstime likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

They playing with our feelings again

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BoB noncommittal as usual

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yikes! This is the opposite of bend but don't break

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Dude are you serious? This is the best news I've heard all week, I will be making frequent trips to the bar.

We went to New York a while back. Tried a place called Bagatelle, a brunch place that blacks out the windows and goes full club mode from like 2-5pm. It was beyond fun. She heard about Bisou as kind of Houston's version and immediately asked me to set it up for the Bday.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I will say tho, we beat 7 of those teams on the green post...

Fulgore and No Worries like this.
  20. cmmt44

cmmt44 Member

Yeah! They have things like that at Bisou as well where it turns to a club type. I believe Sunday brunch usually has a DJ set up. Ladies night on Wednesdays as well, and the weekend nights are usually a party place after a certain time. Pretty cool place, I'm sure y'all will like it. Having TV's is a definite requirement if I go anywhere during gamedays! lol

houstonstime likes this.