1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to trade for ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Dec 15, 2018.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

"The Wizards and Suns were exploring whether a deal could be made between the two teams that included Ariza, Oubre and Rivers late Friday night, league sources said. Memphis had been consulted too, sources said.

Several other teams were already pushing the Suns to get back involved in a deal for Ariza, including the Lakers and Houston Rockets, league sources said."

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think that's what he's saying.

Involved in a deal for Ariza i.e. once again helping the Lakers get Ariza so that we would get leftovers like KCP.

BasketMAD, Mazulis, cbs1507 and 8 others like this.
  3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

He’s not coming home

mikeiah likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It would simply be too difficult to offer the Suns what they are looking for.

They were about to get an expiring PG and a young wing that would equivocate to a mid-late 1st IMO.

Consider Knight is the only contract we’d want to move in this deal, it would make a deal nearly impossible without Houston sending out 2 first, which is a hell no from me.

Rather go offer a 1st for Oubre.

saleem likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

He’s from LA... he’s going home

RyanB likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

kcp! KCP! kcp!

He's not the three letter man we have (MCW), he's the three letter man we deserve.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And there is Kidd-Gilchrist.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It was 1year why couldn't tilman bite the bullet and pay the man. Even Dan Gilbert decided to overpay to win a ring. It wasn't a long term contract like jr or tt. I mean we were so close to a tittle.

joshuaao and DaDakota like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ariza was a UFA, and Houston didn't have any cap room to re-sign him.

AroundTheWorld and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. saleem

Exactly! Oubre with a lottery protected 1st and Chriss should hopefully be enough to get him. The Rockets will have Oubre's rights to
    match any contract that will be offered to him. I don't think Oubre will be offered anything more than 10M.
    He is young and talented.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is he?

I admit that I don't watch a lot of him but he's been a bad shooter his whole career. 32% 3pt shooter and only 26% from from the corners. Plus I'm not big on players (especially perimeter players) who average more turnovers than assists.

He is a great finisher around the rim, so there's that. But I don't know how great an off-ball perimeter player who sucks at shooting can be in the NBA. I mean he even has a good shot selection (lower percentage of midrange jumpers than Harden) and he still scores inefficiently, so I don't think one can say he'd do better in our system. On the other end, his best defensive win-shares season isn't even as good as Ariza's worst defensive win-shares season with us. And his defensive box plus-minus score has never been a positive number.

I'm just not high on Oubre.

13. saleem

He can play defense. He has youth on his side. Playing with a better team should help him increase his shooting percentages and his defensive numbers. No one wants Knight's contract anyway, so it's going to be hard to get Ariza in the first place.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This. We’re trying to help facilitate the deal.

15. saleem

I wish the Rockets could acquire Ross from the Magic, but that could be harder than getting Oubre.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well Phoenix doesn’t want Knight back, but isn’t/shouldn’t the Wiz be considering busting up that team?
    Wall rumored trades?
    Beal rumored trades?
    Otto Porter rumored trades?
    Markief Morris rumored trades.

Can’t we give someone 2 future 1st’s and 2nd’s and lets “Roll”

Get a Morris and Kelly Oubre back. Think we would be set sending out non rotational guys like Melo/Chriss/MCW/Knight
    for rotational wings. It’s like the difference of playing with more than the required number of Bishops & Knight over
    having more Pawns. And I don’t mean Brandan Knights....lol.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ross would be nice. Joe Harris would be even better.

18. saleem

I don't know much about Joe's game, but I like his energy and toughness.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

would be a great addition. i agree with the first and chriss for him as fair value based on what the wizards already agreed to in principal with the grizzlies and suns which fell through.

oubre (who will be known here as ombre based on how much clutchfans like to misspell players names) would bring MUCH needed athleticism and youth. he will get a friendly contract as a RFA, on a lesser deal than clint which is right where you estimated ($8-12M). he has grown as a scorer and would make a good 4th option after ego. one flaw from last season was relying to heavily on offense on our 3 guards. he still has room to grow as a defender but his youth and athleticism working under coach B is very promising that he can improve to being a +defender.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I hope we get Oubre instead. Started a poll on twitter. Vote Oubre! :D