1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPiN: Lakers Frustrated at Refs Resort to Hands Free D

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Dec 14, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

2 biggest success so far

Defeat GS and last night Lakers

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

James Harden is a better player than LeBron?

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

After hearing about this Bayer will open a satellite distribution center inside of staples center so that the Lakers can have unlimited supply of Midol pills. Reports indicate Lakers will save $100K/ mo with this partnership.

Lebron Formula:
    https://goo.gl/images/b87VWv

https://www.midol.com/midol-products/?gclsrc=aw.ds&

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Yes, I believe it's what they call a "fadeaway". I.d.i.o.t.s.

What this is doing is setting up the precursor for another rule change. *All* closeouts on fadeaway attempts will be considered fair play when the defender makes contact with the fading offensive player's feet/legs, regardless of a perceived kick-out. Problem with this is that Harden is somewhat shielded by the "Zaza" closeout rule, where it results in a T. If they somehow craft a rule *emphasis* that appeases both the "Zaza" rule and the crowd that deems Harden's fadeaway as kick-outs, then be on the lookout for a potential injury to Harden.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dave McMenamin is an ESPN Lakers beat writer....but it feels like he is more of a PR machine right now. Didn't feel that way when he was covering Cleveland.

I saw this too with Chris Haynes (former ESPN, now Yahoo) & Marc Spears (ESPN/Undefeated) in their Warriors coverage. Same with Sam Amick when he was at USA Today with Warriors coverage.

Nothing wrong with team beat writers. We need them. BUT...when you start doing more PR (Narrative creating) than just fact reporting.....that is a problem.

Dave Mc needs to take a step back. And I think the fact that Dave Mc got really upset when KD was calling out the LeBron puppets, shows he KNOWS people see him that way. If you don't want to be seen that way.....then change your approach.

6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Must be frustrating having a bunch of dumb players that continually get outwitted by Harden. They don't think the game. You can't pull up to a basketball Mensa meeting in a short bush with an empty notebook.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

@hakeem94 - We have a couple of GARM POTW contenders!

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

“Lakers frustrated at misses, resort to entire practice working on free throws” would have been more appropriate.

9. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

True. Lebron has made a living in the East by avoiding the one team that can beat him until the conference championship. However, in the West both the rockets and warriors can take them down, so he won't be able to avoid those teams until the conference championship like he is used to. So if he plants the "too many foul calls"seed into the refs and the leagues mind, he can try to keep the rockets out of the playoffs altogether. With that being said, he won't stop us from getting in.

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

So bored with the lakers crybaby narratives.

[​IMG]

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4 years now

Killatron 2000 and thedreamsteam like this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Ain’t just the Dubs and Rockets. There have been 3-4 teams in the West that could have beaten the Cavs most years.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

The ref should have called a foul anyway. That would have been epic.

14. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Yeah, I agree, but I was really talking about getting to the finals when he was in the East ( I probably wasn't clear about that) and how it will be different for him trying to get to the finals in the West. I think he will have a harder time making it there with more than one capable team in the west bracket.

15. DareDevil14

DareDevil14 Member

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already but we shot 32 free throws to 27, I'm not seeing the controversy there.
    Cwebb should know first hand when the refs are being one sided

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

still crying...

fckbandwagons likes this.
  17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I love the salt.

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Espn is pushing this story hard, on every show. Harden free throws, & Lebron put hands behind back for 3 seconds :eek::eek:

Ignoring fact Kobe had frequent 15-20+ free throw games. & Several seasons shot over 10 attempts per game..
    Hardens free throw shooting would be praised if he played for Lakers

Richie_Rich, clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  19. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

The Kuzma hip check is so obviously a foul it's insane.

clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  20. smp

smp Member

Hahaha. I love it. Luke Walton is basically admitting that the refs are always on their side as they don't know how to react when things aren't going their way.

Lakers fans think LeBron is going to save them. Maybe next year but not this one. That bench is freaking weak. If we were even close to the team we were last year, we would have demolished the Lakers last night.