1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I see what our problem is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by N2bnfunn, Dec 11, 2018.

1. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Did you notice when James Harden went to the bench and the rockets passed the ball around and played hard defense they had a 15 point lead.

With 7 mins left in the 4th James Harden comes in dribbles the high out the ball, no defense and wild passes.

The lead was gone..

Dmo, bmelo, gatsby and 22 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

How many times has Harden hit the bench this year and the team proceeded to get destroyed? It’s 1 game...

3. slpntz

slpntz Member

So trade Harden! He’s a cancer

Riz, Stormy1234 and Sajan like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Harden averages 30 points and 8 assists. That translates to almost half our offense. So is Harden the problem? Sure, but like alcohol he's also a decent solution.

The issue is defense. Shooting is poor for sure, but defense is key. The switch everything plan isn't working well enough and we need to adjust.

Hakeemtheking, saleem, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well he clearly hasn’t understood common sense, he’s still on that Morey juice

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The only possessions I had a problem with were the ones where he jacked up a three or didn't get anyone else involved. There were a few of those, but CP3 being there rectified it. Even those late-game ISO grinds work sometimes when it's Harden doing them. He's just that good. And it's not like he's the reason why the team is struggling this year..

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lmao , OP be a clown .

Also , harden might also be a clown . I dunno.

Maybe the rockets are point shaving to start the season and make Tillman a bit more cash I bet @Carl Herrera knows what's up .

Still , I'm happy we got the win and hopefully we are free to start rolling now .

ramotadab likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

James just needs to be less extreme with his play, sometimes he turns into Westbrook out there, and if he's not hot that becomes really bad and ugly. He should move the ball more, make the other guys involved not just with some outlet passes with 3 seconds left on the shotclock. Otherwise he should let Chris handle the ball more like he did in the last two minutes tonight, seems like it worked out well, Chris is an hall of fame pg afterall, he schooled Lillard like his son in the last minutes.

10. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Dude they adjusted this game!! He effort was there from everyone the problem is when harden is running the offense it goes COLD and he is the only one scoring. We need everyone scoring that’s what’s so great about the warriors the old spurs team, Toronto even. I would like to see a game where harden has Paul’s numbers and the team ran and moved the ball. I will never see that cause harden only know iso and pick and roll and wasting the shot clock. Harden is a great player that could be even better but something is just keeping him from it

shvedsucks and hakeem94 like this.
  11. RRFan1994

RRFan1994 Member

what did I just read ?

Blame harden ? Lmao

saleem, roslolian and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This board is full of trolls.

Smacktle, Blurr#7, GotGame15 and 4 others like this.
  13. sheb

sheb Member

I agree with OP

The teams intensity was completely different with harden off the floor. Everyone was involved, we even had transition baskets.

Harden come in and walked the ball up eating 8 secs on the shot clock, then he either ISO’s or does PnR with Capela

No ball movement, no energy

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

do I have to spell it out every single time? the problem is his beard. delete it and the rox win again.

J.R. likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It's about mixing it up - and getting guys involved...

biggest knock on our team - predictability.

Obviously harden is the lead dog... but we all know he cant do it himself - and we die when he tries to do it all himself...

Last year we were a team... tonight we were a team...

16. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

LMAO.

Yep, this thread is my point. Harden IS the problem according to some on here. Trade the problem and see how your solution looks.

farhen and YaoMing#1 like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Harden is not infallible... this is what drives me crazy when people wanna 'white knight' for Harden..
    Yes, he's a great player. Yes, he's our best player... but that doesn't mean he's the guy 24/7 - nor should he be expected to be.
    If yer gonna put all yer eggs in the Harden basket - you get what you get...
    Personally, i'd rather be diversified and play to the hot hand - which yes, idk 75% of the time thats gonna be Harden...
    Tonight Harden was a detriment down the stretch - aint no crime...

#17 kjayp, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Lawlruschang, shvedsucks and hakeem94 like this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Or maybe players like Paul shouldn't be going 2/12 from the FG..... or players like Gordon going 0/5 from the 3pt line.

saleem and Stormy1234 like this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's the problem, there's too many players playing below average to play a different way. Our attack isn't the problem, it's our trash defense. We give away too many 2nd chance points, we don't pick on the 3pt line quickly enough. That's what happens when you don't have too many solid defensive players in your team.

20. riko

riko Member

Just awful finish by him tonight. Needs to attack the damn basket and get in the lane instead off that step back. That step back should be used as a variety instead of the staple of his offence. He has so much skills that he is cheating himself

As for this thread, it’s a clear troll effort by someone with few diffferent ids trying to cause crap .

AB423 and hakeem94 like this.