1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, Ant-Man's place in the MCU at least has some relevance with the quantum realm / soul stone. I doubt T'Challa knows everything about vibranium to try and use it to save people...

...that said, though, we never saw Shuri getting snapped away; maybe she's alive and might actually have a part in trying to rescue people. And of all the Black Panther cast, she'd have the most knowledge on tweaking vibranium to assist the Avengers.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Newborn

Dec 25th on Netflix

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why would they carve out something major for T'Challa? Shuri is going to be a major focus going forward and I'm betting she will be important in Endgame. They've already said she is the smartest human in the MCU. Also, I like her character better. The quantum realm is the part that likely has a huge role not Ant Man even though he is going to be coming from the quantum realm.

FWIW I hope any other trailers coming up for Endgame are in this style where they set the tone and don't reveal anything significant.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know Nebula has had a pivotal role in the comics, but so far Nebula has had little relevance besides being Gamora's Sister and Thanos' Kid and she is in the trailer.

T'challa is one of the four smartest people in the comics. Shuri is the smartest person in the MCU, but that doesn't mean her bother is a dummy. It was Black Panther that led the army against Thanos in Wakanda, not Cap. He doesn't have to assist with Vabranium. He can use his knowledge, leadership, skill and strategy to help in the fight. Also, Wakanda just revealed itself to the world. The Snap could have been a way to introduce Wakanda as a country delivering humanitarian aid with it's advanced tech. I'm just saying there is a bunch of ways to do it. If Black Panther was in the plan like Ant Man was, Disney could have made a way.

I mean, Black Panther is a billion dollar movie, why wouldn't they carve out something for that cash cow? I agree, T'Challa was the least interesting person in his own movie. If they leave him dead and let Shuri take the mantle of Black Panther, That would be pretty crazy and a bold move.You wouldn't get the Storm/Black Panther marriage though...

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The original Ronin was a deaf hispanic woman, Hawkeye was the 2nd Ronin.

6. Buck Turgidson

I think you're taking the first teaser a bit too seriously. None of the people who got disintegrated by Thanos appeared in the trailer. Pretty sure everyone knows some or all of them are coming back one way or another, but I'd think you could understand why they wouldn't show that.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

What Buck said.

I also think you're getting irrationally mad at BP not being included in the trailer. It only showed characters that weren't snapped away - Nebula included. Just because Black Panther wasn't included in the trailer doesn't mean Disney / Marvel forgot about it or its success. The trailer probably only featured Ant-Man because the post-credits scene of Ant-Man and the Wasp directly ties into Infinity War.

But, again, the movie is about the Avengers - not Black Panther. That's why Hawkeye was shown. You're asking for a really minor detail about a different property to be included in a movie that's about every single hero introduced in the 10 year universe. It'd be like complaining that Wong from Dr. Strange wasn't in the trailer. Not everyone can get screentime, especially in a trailer, and especially not snapped characters.

To your point, though, they could still have Wakanda giving aid in the movie. It would just be a very minor thing to highlight in a trailer.

Eric Riley likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw. We are just discussing the trailer. If you go back and read my post, I just made an observation. I wish there were more black people in the trailer. That's it. M'baku, Okoye, and War Machine are still alive post snap. Then you guys pounced.

I'm not mad, guys. @Ottomaton has already established why BP is not a featured player in Infinity War 1 and 2: IW was being made the same time as BP and was already written. If Disney knew how popular BP was going to be their plans (might)would have changed. I have no doubt. Marvel is on a schedule.

All other discussions were just theory crafting how they could have included BP as someone who survived the snap.

#788 DreamShook, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam.. trailer too short. need to know what happens at the end of the movie.

rockbox, Invisible Fan and arkoe like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wong doesn't get screentime cuz Hollywood racist against asians.

/crypto billionaire

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

where is azn sensation supreme leader jerry lin? he needs to fight for our rights!

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I like how Lang points at a padlocked gate and asks them to buzz him in.

rockbox likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s not Thanos
    But he can make wins disappear

Jontro likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Infinity War had too much black representation. Thanos balanced it in Endgame.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I read on Wikipedia that it was supposed to be Daredevil but he was occupied in other storylines so they had to invent a new character.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think if Disney knew BP would be so popular then they would definitely have him disappear in IW. Him being beloved is what makes it impactful. I thought him and Spidey going was great because it was totally unexpected: they were thought to be 2 pillars of the next several years.

Give the old guard a send off in IW with the new guard returning to help save the day and take over.

The new guys will come back. Every one knows that. As such I don't see people sitting out Endgame because they think BP won't be in it. Everyone knows he will be.

I imagine a trailer might even tease the possibility of bringing people back, which would be a good way to get those bizarrely sitting out to come watch.

Ziggy likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe nick fury will come back white in endgame. have the avatar baddie play him.

BruceAndre likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, they've learned the lesson of Black Panther, if they want a best picture nomination, they have to make nearly the entire cast black. I expect a second snap that sets that up and puts Endgame in contention for essentially every Oscar.

19. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

20. jcf

jcf Member

When did Shuri become smarter than Reed Richards or Tony Stark? Is this in the actual comics too?