1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, is it too late for us to compete for Zion and Barrett?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Dec 7, 2018.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I've been so disappointed with the team this season that I feel worse than we did in 1516. What should we do?

The competition in the West has been so fierce this season that I still think Tank is better at the present level of our condition.

The only embarrassing thing is that we may be the first team in NBA history to pay a luxury tax.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

No we can trade Harden to the Lakers or Celtics for some young pieces and picks and reclaim our future while maybe bottoming our for Zion and Barrett. We just need to **** or get off the pot. Are we gonna compete or tank already. Waiting for Morey and Tilman to make a move is gonna **** us even more.

3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yes it is too late. Phoenix, Chicago, Cleveland and Atlanta all have a huge head start on us in terms of racking up L's and they are all on pace to hit less than 20 wins this year (we're already half way there). Plus we'd have to trade James and CP3 like right now. We aren't trading James, and even if we wanted to trade CP nobody would take him.

We are not tanking, please stop with this **** clutchfans.

REEKO_HTOWN and lw17 like this.
  4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

(Also we are not the first team in NBA history to pay luxury tax. We're not even the first bad one).

5. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

bro, last night's game broke my heart. :(

foggy94 and matchesmalone like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes. It's too late. We're going to be like the 12th pick this year.

In other words...we are the worst place you can be as a basketball team.

7. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

Yeah, I mean, the war between the ottomans and the sultanate of Cairo was very sad, but hey, at least the Reinheitsgebot made our beer better!

roslolian likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If you want to make yourself sick look at who taken fairly close after each of these players

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

stop wasting time talking about Zion or Barrett, it’s not happening

lw17, BaselineFade, saleem and 3 others like this.
  11. RightTooCensor

Marcus Morris would actually be a plus to have about now.

I say let CP3 get surgery wherever he's sore and let James Harden sit out with a mysterious toe injury like Kevin Love. It's better late than never to play the lottery odds. We're embarrassing ourselves more by being mediocre losing badly with our core players.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The 14th pick for Lowry to Trade for Harden would've been Giannis Antetenkounpo and Marcus Morris over Kawhi Leonard that's how bad Daryl Morey is with 1st Round Picks.

I would rather have Giannis Antetenkounpo and Kawhi Leonard on the Rockets than Harden.

lw17, dreamshakin and matchesmalone like this.
  13. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I really like Morris brothers. They can defend three positions and have good shooting accuracy.Can cause trouble to opponents on the offensive end

The most important thing is that they are both tough men.

报错

14. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I wasn’t alive in 1516 but I am very disappointed nonetheless. Honestly with the way we’re playing we’re one Harden injury away from being in that conversation.

JamalP. likes this.
  15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Y'all gon' learn to not let this team bother you so much. Don't sit up upset, sad, and depressed over them losing. They're enjoying their lives. I used to be so hurt when the Rockets lost. I'm glad those days are behind me. If they win great. If they lose, awesome. It's just entertainment. If they win a trophy, you don't even get to touch it.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Damn, you've been following the Rox for a lonnnnnng time. If I recall, that was the year they lost to the Republic of Venice Lions in the Ottoman Empire Finals.

#16 topfive, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Competing is for losers. Wait......

18. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

If we are just spit-balling, Cam Reddish would be the best fit of the Duke boys, true SF, lockdown potential in the NBA, and NBA range on his 3. If you somehow get pick 7 or 8 in the draft, it's not completely unrealistic to trade up to 4. Zion and Barrett are out of the question. You're not getting a top 2 pick, even if you attach EG and future picks.

19. Homey the Clown

This team definitely sucks but if they wanted to tank, that decision would've had to take place before they signed CP3 to his contract. And after last season there was no reason to even want to tank.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member