1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Never forget Joe Lacob's decision to trade Monta

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wizkid83, Dec 6, 2018.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Joe Lacobt made the right decision in 2012 to trade Montana Ellis.

It was got mixed reactions from the fans but was ultimately the right move:
    • Made it clearly Curry's team
    • Gave Klay playing time
    • Got bogut
    The man also not only pissed off some fans (who booed him on Chris mullin Jersey retirement night) but also his fiance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sf...n-a-bit-of-a-jam-over-Ellis-trade-3408297.php

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ization-should-be-ashamed-after-pathetic-deal

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2013/4/10/4211664/the-monta-ellis-trade-recap

#1 wizkid83, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The warrior fans booing him is so funny in retrospect now.

4. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Many of my friends are warriors "fans" hated that trade. They kept saying it was a mistake keeping glass ankle curry and trading Ellis. Oh how I want to remind them of what they said everytime they brag about Curry.

5. BackdoorHarden

yea, F THAT GUY.

HE GOT LUCKY

He offered Curry for Bogut, but BUCKS WANTED MONTA

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ponsible-for-basically-building-the-warriors/

"If the Bucks hadn't been so conservative, they would have instead acquired (Stephen) Curry, whom the Bucks scouting department was enamored with when he entered the 2009 draft and was taken as the seventh overall selection by Golden State. Unlike some teams, the Bucks scouting department wasn’t overly concerned that Curry played at a small college -- Davidson -- and that he was a so-called ‘’tweener’’ as a 6-foot-3 guard. But the Bucks were concerned about Curry's ankles. He underwent surgery on his right ankle to repair torn ligaments in May of 2011. The following March, he had season-ending surgery on the same ankle. So, with Curry having ankle issues and with Ellis seemingly entering the prime of a potentially-great career, the Bucks opted for Ellis, who was a huge fan favorite in the Bay Area."

6. BackdoorHarden

Warriors are backtracking and saying now they never offered Curry up, but that's not what they said in 2012!!!!

From 2012

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...-trade-monta-ellis-andrew-bogut-stephen-curry

Some took the Golden State Warriors’ move to trade Monta Ellis in an effort to get Andrew Bogut as a vote of confidence in point guard Stephen Curry.

Warriors owner Joe Lacob turned that theory on its ear in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, when he admitted the team was also willing to trade Curry for Bogut.

Lacob said it was a tough decision to move Ellis, a player he has grown fond of. He also mentioned Curry and said the team would have moved either player to get the deal done.

“I’m getting chills talking about (Ellis) right now,” Lacob said. “He’s one of my favorite players in the NBA. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. I feel very strongly about him. It was incredibly difficult to trade him, but he’s the piece it had to be to get Andrew Bogut. We would have traded either (Curry or Ellis) to take the next step for this franchise.”

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. BackdoorHarden

Also, this same DUMBASS OWNER offered

KLAY and DRAYMOND GREEN FOR KEVIN LOVE

BUT HE GOT LUCKY AGAIN

after West said he would quit and Kerr said he didn't sign up to coach Kevin Love

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im on the F that guy wagon.

Someone needs to stuff a D in his B.

arabrocket and clutchdabear like this.
  9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

joe lacob and adam silver can go play on the freeway for all i care.
    the world would be a better place without the both of them.