1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll - Who are most likely to be traded before December 7?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fish36floor, Dec 5, 2018.

?

Who are most likely to be traded before December 7?

1. Gordon for 2 - for someone like Markieff and Kelly Oubre

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Knight for 2 - for someone like Cristiano Felício and Justin Holiday

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Chriss/first-round draft pick - for 1 rotational player

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. nene/first-round draft pick - for 1 rotational player

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Chriss/nene/2nd round pick - for someone like Dewayne Dedmon

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Other - please name

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Note that any trade cannot include Carmelo Anthony, whose trade restrictions will be lifted on Dec. 15.

As a team above the salary cap, Houston cannot send any player it would receive via trade in combination with another player for at least two months. So, the Rockets must complete a trade before Dec. 7 if they intend to package their acquisition in another deal before the Feb. 7 deadline. This could explain their apparent urgency and the seemingly unusual timing of House’s release.

2. basketballholic

It is most likely that at least one or both of Chriss/Nene get moved.

It is very likely that Knight gets moved.

It is possible that Gordon gets moved if all the right pieces fall in place.

And there is a possibility that both Knight and Gordon are both moved.

Trade(s) will most likely bring in more salary for this year but useful players, more expiring contract value to use at the deadline and either or both of young players/draft picks that can be used as sweetner to dump salary off at the deadline if necessary.

One of these expiring salaries could be incoming...McLemore, Jason Smith, Tolliver, Abrines, Baker, Satorsnsky, Thabo, Muscala, StanJ, Kaminsky, Daniels, EdDavis, others....

Good probability at least one of these is a Rocket on friday: Biyombo, Mahinmi, Mozgov, Harkless, MasonP, Leuer, Galloway, Henson, Delly, Snell, Warren, Crabbe

3. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

agree as above!

If you can't move the mountain, you move the stone.

#3 Fish36floor, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My gut feeling is that Tilman and Morey are looking to trade CP3. I don't want this to happen,but he can't be relied upon to play well consistently, unless we get Terry Rozier or someone similar as his backup. I hope I'm wrong.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. saleem

Chriss and a 1st could work I believe. Ed Davis could be a nice pickup.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think there's a single chance we move Chris this early after the extension...unless he's the first one to ask for it of course. And if that's the case, i can see only one team being interesting in him, the Lakers -> if Lebron wants it.

I like Davis, but i think there's no way we trade a 1st rounder for him, like, no chance. 1st rounders are literally the only interesting assets we, moving one for a back up C is way too much.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. saleem

Perhaps Hart plus Chriss for Davis and a future 2nd might work. Yes, I think you're right, a 1st for him is too much. I just don't have much faith in our role players apart from EG unfortunately, and he is struggling too. It's possible that DM is targeting a better PG backup for Chris. Just a weird feeling on my part about Chris, I hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if EG is being dangled, since he clearly has value to a playoff team, for a SF or a PF.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh i agree with you, i like Clark but he's still a rookie, Hartenstein ad today is still not ready for what we need (i don't know if he'll get there in time for this season but i guess not), Gerald is ok, Nene hopefully comes back at his 100% but i have little hope in this regard, i don't want to say he's done but eh, let's say i'm not expecting to see 2016/17 Nene back. As for Gordon yeah, i think he's obviously available, he was for Butler so he can very well be for other players, in the end i already thought he wasn't necessarily going to resign when he turned down an extension few months ago, after we tried to move him for Butler i think that chance isn't exactly rised...

9. basketballholic

Not for Chriss and a first.

10. saleem

I think you are correct.
    Chriss has some potential for sure. His IQ and inconsistent effort is keeping him away from being successful. I wonder if Hart and Chriss will be enough to get Ed Davis and a future 2nd rounder. Another player, I have some interest in is Dedmon for Hart and a 2nd rounder.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

MCW for Durant

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

@Williamson The blasphemy.

Williamson likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Gordon and those 4 picks should be on the table.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Justin Holiday is shooting 39% from the THREE WITH 8 ATTEMPTS per game this year. The deal needs a 25 protected First.

Gordon needs to be traded this year because he has very little value next summer.

Gordon wants money, and he wants to stay. However this is not a good fit for Tilman.

#14 BigBum, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Holiday would be a good get imo, with early birds too i think.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Focus on these EASY 4 (the price is low)
    Kelly O
    Justin Holiday
    Morris - Wizards
    Rozier

Chriss + 1 First + Cash for one of these guys

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

straight up? cause the salaries doesnt match

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's too much, you move 2nd rounders for those guys. Yes, even for Rozier, he wants to start and get paid, he won't get that here so, no point in making a trade for him unless you can do it fo cheap. Olynyk is another one of those meh contracts from Miami, pass.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

The most likely trade would be

Chriss/2021 unprotected First for Justin Holiday.

Morey has to get rid of Knight contract ASAP because it costs Tilman at least $80 million in 2 years.

20. basketballholic

I don't see us giving up a first unless we're chopping the Kings cap space down to about half and we're getting back a nice $11-14 million TPE a usable expiring contract and a youngster that can be a rotation piece.

Outside of that the only way we give up first round picks by tomorrow is in a deal for a player at least of the ilk of Beal.