1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/3/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2018.

1. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

they should have let chris go and try to get lin. he was a star in mike's system.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not a knee jerk guy but major upgrades are needed. Everyone barring Harden needs to be on the trading block. Even Chris Paul. I have the utmost respect for his brilliance and I don't want to trade him. I like EG, CC and love PJ, but we are going no where. IMO, this is just as bad as the Cavs loss. Perhaps even worse than that, with the atrocious 4th quarter failure. Unfortunately, it will be very hard to pull it off, as no one will be willing to give us much in return. We are stuck, but everything needs to be looked into carefully.

1Deep likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's the silliest thing I have ever heard. Lin could at best be a backup in theory for Chris Paul, but he will never want that. Forget about it. Kemba Walker is young, but he is out of our reach. CP at his best is better than Kemba, but he is getting injured and tired too frequently. I say this with great sadness, as Chris Paul is a true HOF and a Houston Rockets legend. We would have knocked out GS in the playoffs if he hadn't gotten injured.

4. riko

riko Member

Lol no..This is exactly the reason why Lin fans are looked at as the most delusional fan base known to god. First he was better then Harden and now this lol

King1 and saleem like this.
  5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

So you just want to be mediocre like the other teams? At the end of the day, if you want to compete with the Warriors, you have to be better than a 12-7 team

6. riko

riko Member

We’re not even better then the damn wolves right now so any championship talk needs to be put on hold

shvedsucks and BasketMAD like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

what??? Being a top seed is mediocre now....if Cp and Harden had been healthy for all games, wed probably be in a top 5 seed, but whatever, it's fine, they are not the problem right now. You are looking at it wrong is my point.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

What Paul said is that he is not overpaid because he will be good at championship game.

9. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Only if he is available.

ryano2009 and gogispade like this.
  10. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I’m not quite worry as harden+cp3 pretty much guarantee a top 4 seed by the end of the season. How we going to get there will define how well we do in the playoff.

11. YusufArslan

YusufArslan Member

no. we wouldn't be top 5 seed. It's not about them being injured or missed some games. we need depth. we can't protect our leads and momentum shifts as soon as the bench comes in.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed on the first point .

On the harden comment , I think it's just how his game is . Harden at his best (aka trying) is driving into the lane , creating contact and finishing / drawing fouls .

It takes a toll on you body to repeatedly run into bigs in the paint .

While he's more than happy to do it to establish a lead and when the game is tight ... I think he is just trying to protect himself and save as much for the playoffs as possible .

What would we think if harden was going down the lane while we were up 20 in the second half and he got hurt . Some people here would probably call it reckless lol .

I don't think you can pin this last game on harden . We got minimal contributions from CP and EG . When 2/4 best players don't show up at all , any team can beat you ... especially if they get hot from 3 and you are cold .

Vivi likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Minutes wise this is the most infuriating type of loss . Congrats we played harden and CP3 38 mins in a game where we lost by 10.

I hate seeing that .

CP3 mpg have been way up this year ... I know MDA needs to win games , but if he truly believes we are gonna be great he needs to have some perspective for the future .

Also it was clear Nene didn't have it tonight . I like the guy and think he should get a shot to work his way back ; but , he was -18 in 10 minutes . That's basically the game . And I know green had a similarly bad +/- in the same amount of time ... but that because he was playing with Nene . Hartenstein should have gotten those minutes .

Also , I know house is playing well ... but you gotta find some time for Clark . Even if it's just a few minutes . We could have gone small with him instead of nene or hartenstein. Ideally he takes a few of Gordon's minutes at the 3 so EG can give harden or Paul a longer break .

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

[​IMG]

Jump Ship likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

I put this loss on that inspiring Coolio halftime performance. When I heard that saxophone in Gangstas Paradise performance I knew it was over for our boys

Os Trigonum, BMoney and hakeem94 like this.
  16. SteveFTB

SteveFTB Member

Houston sucks, maybe last year was a case. We are not that good. I mean, in the second half we were like 3 of 25 threes? Or something like that...that's pathetic guys...we were +19.

CP3 is unwatchable this year, we have to trade him. He can not no more beat on dribble people like Gibson, come on now

17. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Loooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ooooooooooooooo
    Oooooo
    Oooooooool

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jinxed Rose with 0 but Chris with 5.

19. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I cant stand some rockets fans. Ask them what they would’ve done instead of re-sign chris paul, they have no answer since they know we were already capped out.

Once they realize we couldn’t use one dollar of his salary towards other players, they go and say **** like we never should’ve traded for him in the first place...like really? Last season was great. Do they honestly believe Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell and I can’t remember that other guy oh Sam Dekker would’ve made a difference? Last season we would have been much worse and this season they still dont change anything.

Crazies

HP3 and Andy Sheets like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ego is having 3 good games out of 10.

CP3 is having 5 good games out of 10 now.