1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aurocketfan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

2 way contract.

45 days with team then it has to convert to a full contract. My guess is that they will probably send him to the Dleague for further development!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tillman too cheap to pay minimum wage Gary Clark. Tillman only cares about luxury tax profit.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

4. craguin

craguin Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A really nice read, craguin. Thanks! :cool:

craguin likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Much Appreciation for Gary Clark

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gary’s shot looked pretty good against the Suns. I hope he will work hard on it and improve his defense/ rebounding.

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He looks taller than 6”6 on the broadcast.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Gary is a solid 6’7 or 8. I’m 6’6 and there’s no way I’m as tall as him

Rocket River likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I think 6”6 was the official new measurements they had without shoes this preseason

No Worries, TheRealAllpro and D-rock like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's still small ball and not much defense at the rim. He will not get any taller. That's why we need to develop Harty by giving him some real minutes. Development will never come from sitting and watching small ball. MDA is missing all these opportunities before playoffs to do it. A great coach would do everything he could to develop his young players and make this team better for the future.

Mr. Dominant and payaso like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like I said before, if you want Tucker to continue to lead the league in minutes, you need Hartenstein to spell Clint. If you don't, you need Clark to become a viable replacement for PJ. Hartenstein can't guard out high, Clark can.

saleem and B-Bob like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I say give them both some of Tucker's minutes to develop. They can each match up differently. Clark against smaller rotations and Harty when we face the big forwards like AD and LeBron types.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harty can alter shots at the rim with the rare block. That would be good enough, but I do want him to shoot 3’s in garbage time, until he gets better at it.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. JackLordsHair66

Clark played some decent minutes last night, hard for him to develop any consistency (which is his big issue) with such sporadic mins

saleem likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Think about this. Last year House shot .325 in the G League from behind the arc and is shooting .388 from behind the arc on the Rockets. This year Clark is shooting .313 in the G League and .341 on the Rockets from behind the arc.

If you use that example, then why couldn't Hartenstein shoot 3's if he is doing it at .333 in the G League? That is better than House and Clark shot in the G League. House and Clark are both shooting better on the Rockets with all the wide open looks they get playing with James. Hartenstein could as well. Then, add in a bigger wing span and height for shot blocking and rebounding and I say come on man, it's a no brainier.

#156 deb4rockets, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    saleem likes this.