1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Monday 7:00 on ESPN

Announcers: Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, Booger McFarland

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Huge game. The Titans have a cupcake remaining schedule, so do the Colts. If the Texans lose to both the Titans/Colts which is possible, then missing the Playoffs becomes a real possibility. Hopefully with the Texans at home, the offense can do better than they did against Washington and Denver.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

Texans jump to an early lead, 30-0 in the 2nd quarter. b.o.b decides to start running out the clock right there and then. titans make it close, 30-24. Talking heads point out that the Texans got lucky again, had tenn scored more points the Texans would have never won. besides..Look at what the Colts are doing! 8 games in a row pssh. I'd rather have deshaun throw for 700yds and lose.

Rodman23, bilaal14, Uprising and 2 others like this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

i'm glad I will be at the game and won't have to listen to this crew. The MNF announcing team is god awful.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The Houston Bowl

I believe last MNF matchup @ NRG there was fighting on-field between each team.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U r delusional if you think BoB shtty playcalling Is gud enough for us to score 30 pts in a half much less a quarter. Offense is needed to compete vs the superior opponents in playoffs, not these cupcakes we faced during our win streak. Total yards mean jack sht, but its disturbing when you think averaging 23.9 is good enough for a playoff team.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

From historic mnf to this snoozefest on who is king of the shtty South. I do hope we win, 8 game win streak, need to keep winning for the bye.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The over/under for Witten alone, confusing the Texans and the Titans, has got to be in the double digits.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It’s nice not being worried simply because it’s a prime time game. I have a feeling we cruise to a comfortable win. 27-13.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We can cruise if we continue to keep our foot on the gas. It’s defintley possible but once we got the lead last week it felt like we were playing not to lose instead of trying to win.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The BoB way. Turtle in after u got the lead half time and rely on your strong defense to carry while u attempt to burn time on offense. Its shtty, but cant argue against BoB godlike win record. (Not sure if I'm right 37-1 after leading halftime).

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Let’s be honest though. Rams, Steelers, Patriots, Saints, Chiefs....think it’ll work against those teams? Because that’s the teams we need to beat to win a superbowl. Those teams have dynamic offenses.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Losing two o-lineman, and then suffering from some really bad turnovers (one of them questionable on that bad replay) will do that as well.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

fk no, but judging from some of these fans post they want the boring defensive stand. Our offense is pretty garbage, we forcing the rushing game w/ a shtty o-line and our receiving corp is nonexistent outside of hopkins (productive wise). Honestly if we gonna beat anyone in playoffs it's gonna b off the back of our defense.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I thought I heard that this was the first MNF game at home in franchise history.

Texans 34
    Titans 17

red5rocket and bilaal14 like this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They played at home on MNF:

1. vs the Jags in 2008

2. vs the Titans in 2009

3. vs Ravens in 2010

17. Fantasma Negro

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Essentially, this is a "must" win, no pressure. Unleash the Watsonator. Let's take the Titanannies long.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, we are the ones with the cupcake schedule left. The teams we have left have a 23-36 win loss record, and the two teams we have left on the road are both 3-7. That is the easiest schedule out of all three of us, and we have the advantage of keeping our lead playing both the Titans and Colts at home. We won't face the really good teams til the playoffs, even if the teams we have left seem good when we face them.....LOL. After all, Luck has 29 touchdowns already, so I never count him out, even if their team is only 5-5.

#19 deb4rockets, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I’m expecting something similar to the dolphins game. Prime time and Watson will put on a show.

Oilers 16

Texans 34

conquistador#11 likes this.