1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is more about righting the ship.....

Let's say our record is 9-4 or 10-3 instead of 6-7. I am sure they would have given Melo more games.

waytookrzy079, jboslett and napalm06 like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

More like Melo trolled Lakers if what SAS said is true.

Anyhow I hope Melo would just STFU and accept his role if he wants to win a championship, otherwise why the hell does he came to the Rockets for?

EDIT: nvm just saw the WOJ report, Melo can take his rotten watermelon head to Lakers and let them eat it.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Can anyone explain what's going on at this point? It looks like Melo wants to escape his contract and get picked up by another team, but the Rockets are trying to hold him till Dec. 15? And the reports that he'll never play for us again are based on Melo and his people saying he won't accept D'Antoni's conditions? Is that correct?

basketballholic likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It's called MeloDrama.

@heypartner

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

What Woj is saying contradicts what @Codman shared a few days ago, which is that Melo is struggling to accept his current status in the NBA, and he has significant family issues he is working through. @Codman also said that the Rockets’ best players are trying to convince him to stay.

TheRealAllpro and DonKnock like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

which has got to be the ongoing La La drama over the other baby mama :eek:

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, Morey said that the Rockets wanted Melo. Now Melo (according to Woj) said he wanted to stay. BUT both sides seem to have conceded that Melo has played the last game as a Rocket. What gives?

9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Someone is lying.

chievous minniefield and JVL713 like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not to mention Ryno's contract is 10x that of Melo's.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, while I am biased, what makes more sense: the rockets told a guy on minimum salary that they are cutting him because they blame him for all their problems, or, the Rockets express to Melo that Clark has looked sharper and might take some of his minutes leading Melo to have a temper tantrum? I'm of the mindset Melo is lying here. He might have wanted to stay, but only on his terms.

Easy, joshuaao, Rashmon and 1 other person like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, everyone's trying to say the right thing. "I want(ed) to stay." "We want(ed) him to stay." But it's best to cut the cord.

Easy likes this.
  13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's absurd to think that the Rockets would tell anyone that Melo has played his last game for them, right? That statement would hurt them in several ways and do nothing for them. So anyone who says or implies that they're the ones putting out that story would be lying. And Melo claiming that he wants to stay would be the boyfriend pretending that he's not causing the breakup.

Easy likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets fan wakes up in the coma he's been in since 2011...

"Wait, the Rockets have Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul and Eric Gordon?!? AND James Harden, who I suppose is coming off the bench as a 6th man? How many titles have we won?"

#1014 topfive, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

My guess: The team definitely wants him gone. Morey would just as soon waive him and be done with it so everyone can move on, but Tilman doesn't want to take the full tax hit on his contract so he's instructed Morey to find a way to lessen that hit as much as possible.

Meanwhile, Melo's in limbo.

Easy, GermanRoxFan and Will like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

honestly that's probably it. Melo wants to be here, but he wants minutes, role, shots whatever. Kinda reminded me of the Iverson situation when he was told he has to come off the bench in Memphis.

Melo obviously has this delusion about himself. I bet it even took him a crazy amount of time to to convince himself he needs to come off the bench in Houston. Now Clarke is going to get more minutes over him, his ego just can't handle it.

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Man, that would be brutal. Hard for me to imagine CP biting his tongue while the Rockets lock Melo out of the NBA for more than a month (no PT, no waive) and make it look like they're trying to assuage or help him.

Relativist likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 was the first one to support PJ tucker's no quitters IG post last night. cp3 is going to be just fine.

Smacktle, joshuaao, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

None if you have Melo on your team.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well now it makes sense why Morey rushed to have that press conference just to say good things about Melo without any resolution. It's almost as if Morey was told the Rockets were going to be trashed in the media, so he went into self defense.

There's no way Morey goes backstabbing with the media session first, given Melo's best friend is Chris Paul and how sensitive Morey is about our image to FA's.

#1020 Mathloom, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Easy likes this.