1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Russia scandal... starring Dana Rohrabacher

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 19, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

B-Bob likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell, yeah. Dana is gone!

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

15 term? gawd damn.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't recall off-hand just how many terms Ms. Pelosi has served, but I'm eager to see her step aside for new leadership and younger leadership. It's past time for that. Way past time. In my opinion, she may have cost us (the Democratic Party) some seats in the House, and perhaps even a Senate seat or two that appear to have been lost by narrow margins. She's a piñata for GOP attack ads, deserved or not. I think new Democratic leadership is a must before the 2020 election. This is coming from a Democrat, obviously.

DreamShook, MadMax and DaDakota like this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

so what?

u realize that's because she's been effective

She was instrumental in recruiting GOP lawmakers in the passage of ObamaCare,
    which pisses off the GOP to no end

#25 adoo, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So what? I've been a Democrat for decades now, and I didn't make my statement lightly. Pelosi needs to go. It's not only about the attacks from the GOP, far from it. It's her leadership. The party needs fresh faces and new blood at the top, in my opinion, to draw in more votes from the younger generations. It's not that they need reasons to vote against the GOP. It's that they need leadership they can relate to, leadership that will get them off their collective butts and to the polling places on Election Day, and early voting. They need motivation, and new leadership certainly won't hurt. In my opinion.

7. adoo

adoo Member

what aspect of her leadership are you talking about?

is it her ability
    to recruit opposition member
    organize / prioritize agenda ?

a politically adroit politician leading the way to put check & balance on the dotard
    goes a long way in attracting young voters who are overwhelmingly never-Trumpers

going into this last mid-term, the criticism from the GOP was that,

other than impeachment, the Dems have no coherent message.
    alas, Mrs Blum was able to convince Dem candidates to campaign on the fight to keep the coverage of pre-existing condition.
    it was the winning message

w the new wave of young Dem lawmakers, she will be look upon as a political mentor

#27 adoo, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I stand by my post. If you want a book written about my opinion, you aren't going to get it. I've made my positions about the leadership of the Democratic Party clear any number of times. Want more? Do a search.