1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current pieces don't fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Nov 8, 2018.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

no **** lol

2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

3. psaman17

psaman17 Member

On offense, cp3 has looked out of sync. We paid minimum wage hoping for production from the other positions. No **** they've looked bad. Guys like Hartenstein, Clark, MCW, Melo and Ennis are trash.

On defence, the league has figured out our switch gimmick and are exploiting us every single time. I don't see our record as a fluke and frankly it'll take a miracle to turn this around.

4. fattz

fattz Member

I think Paul needs to be removed from your list. DM has to know he overpaid and wants out of that contract. We also know DM wants Butler badly. Watch DM make both things happen at one time. Butler & Teague = Paul in cap space. I am no insider or anything but this just makes sense. But can’t happen till Paul is contract is tradeable. We need to keep Paul off the court to make this deal, imo.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

extremely thankful with posts like this, that none of you are even close to decisions

BigggReddd, arabrocket and HP3 like this.
  6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This will sound crazy, but I re-watched my tape of the OKC game, and I'm not seeing a lot of pieces that don't fit. What I'm seeing is a team out of sync. Sometimes it's Ennis not making the move CP came to expect from Ariza. Sometimes it's Harden and Capela miscommunicating on a play that worked reliably last year but is being defended better this year. Sometimes it's Melo and Gary Clark getting confused in defense on who's supposed to go with who.

And then there are all the missed shots. Some of it is just being out of sorts, not getting in rhythm, not being confident. Some of it is the pass not being quite right, and the shot being off as a result. That was the main problem for Melo.

I came into this season as a deep skeptic of Melo. But I just don't see all the horrors some of you are seeing in his game. I'm not measuring him against Olympic Melo. I'm measuring him against Ryan Anderson, and I like what I'm seeing. His defensive footwork is decent, he's trying to keep alert, and he's getting better at switches and rotations. I swear he even boxed out Noel at the foul line. The foul line!

Here's who I'm not sold on: MCW and Hartenstein. Everybody else, I'm happy to keep. God help me, I actually like Chriss. I think he fits well in a switching defense and does a passable Capela impersonation. Bigs who can switch on D, have good hands, and move nimbly in open space on offense are nice. Groom Hartenstein, show off Hartenstein, sell Hartenstein. Keep Chriss. I also like Ennis, and I'll bet you that by the end of the season, Harden and CP will have a good sense of his tendencies and how to coordinate with him.

Ty Lawson was a mess for us because he was the PG. We don't have a problem at PG. Our problem is that we have new guys, and we've had injuries, and we hardly played a preseason. As a result, we're gonna rack up too many losses while we sort ourselves out. We don't need to move a lot of pieces. What we need is a season of these guys playing together. Don't panic, Daryl. Let Harden, CP, and D'Antoni do their thing.

malakas, fv court, Roomba and 6 others like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

If Paul gets traded then you can be sure harden will be furious and he might want out as well

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

General Manager James Harden would not approve such trade.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh, every game will tell us a tremendous amount about the season.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yea i really dont see how melo is getting the blame. he seems to accept his role, and tries hard on defense. the rockets just seem so much slower this year on both ends. people need to stop acting like old ariza would make a difference in this regard. everytime the rockets are on national TV someone says how they are missing ariza. i call BS. his slow ass is not the rememdy. what the rockets are missing from last year does not boil down to one player.

Will likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say the whole team is not a good fit for this year's regular season.

We just dun have the athletes, elite shooters and younger top talents to keep up an uptempo Offense scoring over 115 every game.

We can do it in spurts. Injuries will keep cropping up more the older we get.

Relying too much on CP and Harden will only result in them hurting themselves.

Defense will be improved as effort will be enough. I am sure the record will improve but I am not sure if we will have the opportunity to contend.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

all the ppl complaining about melo seem to think hes going to play this many minutes against good teams when all the trades are done and buyouts are picked up. he's playing more minutes now because he has to. i think the coaches here know a lot more than the national media. these games are nothing but practice.

14. fattz

fattz Member

I think it depends on the trade. Harden wants to win and can differentiate between business and friendship. It is obvious that Paul is overpaid making him a negative contract that just going to get worst the longer he is a Rocket. Butler & Teague would make him happier long term and potential even in the short.

I am thankful for your response, but do you really think that what you have seem so far out of Paul this season is worth +/- a 1/3 of the cap over the next 4 years? If not what’s one to do?
    Thought: When the bananas over ripen
    A) make bread with them
    B) throw them out
    C) make friends with the fruit flys and talk about that should have been.
    (B is no longer an option because of contractual obligations)

I am also thankful I don’t run the team. That is a lot of responsibility with even more eyes look and judging.

I am most thankful for CF a place we’re we can have different opinions and it’s ok.

I am thankful it is November => a Thanksgiving

only the best to you and your’s

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hate fruit flies BTW they are all over in the kitchen.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I wish we could visit the alternate universe where we kept Ariza and Mbah a Moute, so we could watch all the people who are pining for them (here and on TV) b**** about how old and slow those guys are, and how we should have brought in younger guys.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Morey is so incredibly overrated. For some reason, many on this board think he is above the law and nothing is his fault. He never earned that though.

18. DareDevil14

DareDevil14 Member

The problem is our pieces are all struggling or have missed time. I think the team needs some tweaks at PF or C.
    CP, JH and EG have all been pretty inconsistent . I think we need to get some value from EG if possible cause his monthly stats even lasyt year were wildly inconsistent.
    Capela gets alot of blame but he doing exactly what they paid him to do shoot over 60%, get ten rebounds and block shots and hes doing exactly that.
    Ariza and luc are not our saviors.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Grown men playing basketball problems. Oh the horror!

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

ill take a careers worth of work for an elite player as opposed to judgment from a broken team where obviously chemistry and fit issues have been wearing the entire team down. again thankful you have no say.