1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aurocketfan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

complaints that mda doesn't play young guys. he then plays young guys and gives them opportunities, then guys want to say he's a rookie and shouldn't be getting significant minutes.

makes sense

2. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you not say a championship team would not give minutes to that type of player?

yet when presented that a champion does indeed give those players minutes........

you have nothing.

roslolian likes this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The warriors have a lot more talent than us. Mark my words we will go nowhere with this many scrubs getting significant minutes. The Warriors are not a regular Championship team.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Sometimes I forget how delusional this board can get lol. Its gonna be another one of those things where it has to happen and then you'll agree. Sort of like when everyone was saying how great Ennis was and thought it was ridiculous. I guess we'll see lol

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

While I agree that the warriors are not a regular championship team.

They might be the best.

Honestly the only team that might be more dominate was the 3 year run when Shaq was in his prime with a young evolving Kobe, and even then they still might not be better. But that’s the the only team I can recall having two guys in their prime turn out to be top15 players of all time.

But I think Clark can be a rotation guy even if just 10 min a game on this team and I think he can help us beat the warriors.

We’re a different team than last year clearly but our variables might have higher upside.

We still have harden cp3 Clint and tucker on the team those are the backbones.

You have to think Gordon gets his groove back and with Melo we legit have two guys that will give u 25-35 points every game off the bench combined. That’s a huge advantage other teams do not have including the warriors.

I think ennis a solid player I think he would see 15-20 min a game on GS especially in the regular season. Clark is the wild card but man he’s hustling he rebounds well he doesn’t look lost on defense and his shot is quick and has a nice release.

He’ll only get better with more reps with the big club.

And we can’t forget Harden is back and magically all the role players are playing much better.

That’s what an mvp doesn’t I guess lol

saleem likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS^

BigMaloe, fattz and saleem like this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I dont think ennis would see that much time on the Warriors, (ennis sucked even before harden left) they would be smart enough to cut him like they cut Casspi (He's a scrub and they knew it) Though he can shoot 3's, thats pretty much all that he's ok at. He's a matador on defense and he fouls them as they blow by him out of sheer frustration from being too slow. He has poor bb ball iq and is always out of position which creates turnovers and staganates the offense, he should not be a starter. Clark is better than Ennis and at ten minutes he's ok and should get better but the problem is we currently have too many scrubs so a rookie is really not helping. The rockets need savvy vets who can hit open shots and play a little defense. They need to gut the roster of these bums quicky. Melo needs to either attack the basket as soon as harden passes him the ball (something both parsons and ariza were great at) or shoot the ball at the 3 instead of this bs step in for a 2 point miss. Hartenstein is a sheer liability on defense. though he can finish a difficult layup he is so slow and has no lateral quickness that it begs opponents to drive in on him for a layup while he helplessly falls to the ground. If the goal is to win a chip this isnt going to cut it.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

ennis is shooting 50% from 3. you're saying he gets wide open shots and can't drill them. are you getting ennis confused with eg or melo here

what exactly are you expecting or watching for that matter from the perimeter.

#108 YOLO, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    BigMaloe, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Again you're over-exaggerating. Nobody is touting him up to be a superstar or, hell, even a starter for that matter.

He's simply a solid end of the rotation role player that can provide solid minutes. Which championship teams can ALWAYS use.

Little Bit and roslolian like this.
  10. nemac

nemac Member

Fixed it for you, bro.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What about Magic and Kareem? Those teams were stacked..

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They were stacked and very good but the didn't run through teams and the league like the Shaq/ Kobe team.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's starting lol

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He is not solid and Im not at all he's not a starter he's a scrub he cant play d and he's foul prone thats all I've said. We have too many scrubs on our team. you guys are still being delusional. we arent winning a championship with these scrubs but thats the nature of clutchfans fans. it has to smack you in the face before you see it. so we'll wait til then. rockets have made one good adjustment that I was begging for, lowering mcw's minutes. the same needs to be done with clark hartenstein and ennis. we need better role players.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I see you've been hanging around @basketballholic too long.

It is what it is. We'll always find some end of bench guy to argue about here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he got confused with Melo, who is shooting a lot higher than most, including CP3 from behind the arc. Maybe you meant EG and Green.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not worried about cp3. he'll get back to who he is. he isn't getting shots created for him like everyone else outside of harden. so no i didn't mean him.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well Melos percentage is fine. There a few big brick layers in a slump right now, and they need to step it up soon.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i would hope he could shoot better but atm there's obviously others that need to get back to the mean of what they normally would be shooting obviously yes

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

you ignore everything I said and posted nonsense typical. you're right ennis is an all star waaay better than ariza so is clark and the rockets will win the next 10 with them in the lineup nothing to worry about at all. lol

#120 SF3isBack!!, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018