1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fertitta: “Major overhaul of Toyota Center in the next five years.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigereye, Oct 8, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Les Alexander actually had a hockey team in Houston and won it.
    So then he would refuse to give the Cup back and steal it and put it on his boat in Florida after he sold the team to China

and then he would hire some mercenaries to shoot NHL officials who want the trophy back

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

neither do you. so you and the trophies have that in common lol

Kam likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

The Trophies belong to the Houston Rockets
    The 99ers belong to Clutchfans
    And we're always here

chievous minniefield likes this.
  4. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I we
    See why you have to lie? Cadillac bar and grill is nowhere in that arena. You mean Cadillac nachos? Yea that little ass nacho cart in the 400 section? Did you try them? They are good AF. How about just replacing any trash food at TC with good food, who GAF if it’s mexican, soul, BBQ, etc. Good food will always be better than trash food.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Spin, and fake news up the ass. No one keeps the Cup, genius, It stays in Toronto. Yes, the players get to take it home for a day, but there is only one cup.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactly
    Les would still try to keep the cup, even though they won't let him

7. macan

macan Member

it will not happen. tilman is in deeper financial trouble after paying biglydick

8. SemisolidSnake

I'd like to see Toyota Center augmented with a hockey team in the next five years.

plee, Swiss Roll and Houstunna like this.
  9. plee

plee Member

Would be nice but I don't think it will happen, though we had some decent success with the Aeros old&new....

10. SemisolidSnake

The whisperings my hockey friends told me after Seattle got their team was that the Calgary Flames might end up moving at some point, and Houston would be the likely target. And then we'd have Aeros generation 3, because I'm pretty sure the city owns the right to the "Aeros" name.

I enjoyed Aeros gen 2 all the way from their opening season to their final game in Houston. Hockey is the best sport to watch in person, IMO. Really miss those guys and hope it comes back to Houston soon.

Houstunna and napalm06 like this.
  11. plee

plee Member

I hope so... yes, I agree Hockey must be viewed in person

napalm06 likes this.
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Get rid of the lower bowl entrances and those private areas. Instead make one row of suites more exclusive for corporations so that way more people have the chance to get tickets in the lower bowl at a reasonable price instead of the inflated secondary market. I absolutely hate the little lounge area for the lower bowl. The few times I've sat down there it seems there are way more people hanging around in the lounge/concessions area than in their seats watching the game.

Amel likes this.
  13. tigereye

tigereye Member

It’s not a question of if - but when. And that’s because Jeremy Jacobs (Bruins owner) wants it to happen (no secret). He’s also the chairman of the NHL’s board of governors.

At this point, it’s likely the Coyotes will be the team that ends up in Houston and soon. The puck is in Fertitta’s zone and I’d expect an ownership group with him at the helm will be the end result.

Also, Toyota Center was built to fit an NHL regulation size rink. A practice rink would be needed, which could go be built at the same time Fertitta constructs the new Rockets practice facility.

#93 tigereye, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Houstunna likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Toyota upgrades, NHL, and gold added to the jerseys/logo...

If I'm wrong I don't want to be right.

15. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

What about exterior renovations?