1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Player's-Only Huddle on defense: "Enough is Enough"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 2, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CP3 has traded in his phantom flops for In the penalty, behind the pick, behind the 3 point line heaves to get to the ft line.

hakeem94, HP3 and kjayp like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've said since we got him that Melo should at least be afforded the opportunity to try and run with the starting unit... he may not stay there - but should at least be given a shot... sure as hell should have been given the opportunity before MCW... lol

Given his abilities throughout his career and him coming here on a cut rate deal (to try and rejuvenate his image for a future payday), I felt we at least owed him the opportunity to see if he could acclimate and be productive as a starter... whats the worse that could've happened? We open 1-5? lol

i just felt that it would be far more beneficial to getting him feeling like an important part of the team - rather than an add-on to the second unit...
    If a few games down the road it became apparent that he's better off coming off the bench - fine, so be it.... but you dont bring in a 10 time all-star and immediately give him the message that he isnt viewed as good enough to run with the starting unit....
    It's about the players psyche... and based on how fragile that everyone expressed that Melo was...
    Additionally, if he's a 'defensive liability' but you're still running him 25-30 mins a night... wouldn't it make more sense to have him on the floor with your best rim protector (CC) and other better defender (PJ) - along with the your best offensive players (Harden/CP3) to give him more open looks on the offensive end?

clutchdabear and BasketballMind like this.
  3. theimpossibles1

And also he is a decent basketball player.

da_juice likes this.
  4. treeman

treeman Member

I haven't been paying attention. Is the season almost over?

5. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Maybe they need some players only practices and games.

#86 BasketballMind, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    da_juice and kjayp like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea its only been a few games. Trust me they still do it and they will do anything to win. They did it all of last year. And everyone....everyone does it. Kawhi(cough) Embid... and usyally it's not actually cheating it's embellishing(lool a lot) of contact that is illegal.

I mean it's true, it'd be better if they didn't do it. I don't like it either but lol man it's really just basketball. Yea its not good to cheat but im not applying anything that happens on the court to society. Its just a game. There are MUCH worse things you could criticize these athletes off the floor than on it. But I like your integrity, it is refreshing.

fattz, D-rock and kjayp like this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

dont blame our stars when our "supporting" pieces arent supporting

burn this into your brain

cheke64 likes this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

"CP is the worst teammate ever"...

sounds to me like some teammates are just p***ies and cant handle a competitive dog when they find one

D-rock likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"But Morey can't watch the game he's grimacing in pain"

Sit his ****** next to MDA because when things go well this narcissist is on every morning show talking about his stats predicted this 65 win record. Somebody hold that clown accountable. 20 years of being a Gm for nothing.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Narrator: Evidently, enough, was not enough.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey also applies this to Harden and Paul as it relates to roster moves. They are involved and help shape and own the team. This is the new NBA.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are just picking nits at this point. Melo had a shot with starters and it wasn't good.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we havent even had our starters on the floor enough yet to make any kind of determination of how Melo would gel... let alone any time to allow for acclimation or adjustments....

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why does Melo need the perfect storm to be successful?

When given the opportunities he just needs to produce, no excuses.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Craig and Matt just confirmed the huddle was a players-only team meeting

Deuce likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nice to see we're paying Chris Paul $40 mil to give motivational speeches

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We need another meeting please and thank you.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It was either that or Navy Seals, tbh.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :(:(:(:(
    I am sick of watching this offensive ineptitude, last year we have our D in luc,ariza and tucker so we can lax on O side and win with D.
    Yes i am talking about the cp3 and hardin drible drible drible drible drible drible drible drible and jack up a prayer/shot hoping its answered.

Now we have no D and to make matters worse our players are mostly iso minded in cp3,hardin and me70.
    Its one and done, offensive foul or turnover waiting to happen.

Blow it up