1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Go get Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 14, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

or that arizona isn't moving him at all

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

With the way there team looks right now and Peterson showing signs of leaving the organization, the Cardinals would be stupid not to take advantage of the situations.

They can get some great picks out of this.

#142 tmacfor35, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They also didn't have the cap space to trade for Peterson, so that's probably a factor as well.

tmacfor35 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

true but we should never underestimate how dumb a organization can be

5. Marteen

Marteen Member

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He's worth it; elite CB who's signed through his year 30 season for $23MM + whatever's left on this year. You will not be able to draft a better CB with a first round pick.

It's a no-brainer, really.

Blatz likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that it's a no-brainer is why I have so little faith in this FO getting it done. If Smith was still around, maybe it gets done, but there's just no reason to believe in Brian Gaine....who really is just BOB's puppet.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I like having a first and two seconds.

Would the Pats make a similar move? No, not in my opinion.

For this season, the Texans need a tackle more than anything. Wait it out, keep the picks.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Ever heard of bloods and crips? Well 5 means blood. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a blood, he’s just saying that he and Pat are really close like blood, family.

Two Sandwiches and Marteen like this.
  10. Marteen

Marteen Member

When giving up a first round pick in a trade, you have to be sure that the player you're getting back is the type of player you LOOK FOR in a first round pick. Patrick Peterson fits that mold and a need at CB. The Texans aren't the only team with OL problems, and they're not terrible enough to grab the best ones as they will most likely have a pick in the 20's.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Hey Now!

That pick is shaping up to be the back-half of the first round; the *good* tackles are generally taken early. Landing an elite, relatively cheap CB for 2+ years for a first round pick is a no-brainer.

We have no idea how this year is going to shake out. If Sunday is any hint, the OL might actually be getting better - they do still have 9 games + possible postseason games. I wouldn't assume *anything* about needs in '19 right now. Having said that, if a T you love drops, you've got two 2s to jump back into the 1st round.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like it’s going to be at least a first and third

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd be willing to do a 1st and a 4th... simply asking for too much if it's a 1st and a 3rd.

Would be smart to wait it out and get them at their most desperate moments if I were the Texans. Low ball them at this moment and bring it up to a 1st and 4th when it's time to pounce.

Honestly I'd rather us take a chance on Bell from Pitt if I was part of our FO. Our offensive line would gain an immediate boost when blocking for a back with that type of production. He'd probably be more costly than P2 though.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The Great Tyler Ervin faints

macho GRANDE and Commodore like this.
  16. Hey Now!

It's the difference between the ~83rd and ~114th pick. Do you really think 1-19 + 3-83 will be better than Patrick Peterson? I don't.

Bell is far more problematic than Peterson. Peterson is signed cheaply for 2.5 more years and is playing. Bell isn't playing; doesn't have a contract and wants a TON of money he'll almost certainly never earn.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Second and a Kevin Johnson?

macho GRANDE and houstonstime like this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Arizona would hang up immediately, only to call back immediately and tell gaine to go **** himself....

19. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Can't trade a player on IR. He would have to be healthy first. I'd probably give up on Peterson and give the Giants a call on Janoris. They've pretty much indicated that their packing it in and tanking. Could probably get him for less than Pat. Maybe a 2 and a 4/5th?

20. Hey Now!

Why trade for a lesser player? You don't get better adding "average" to your team. Peterson is significantly better than Jenkins.

macho GRANDE likes this.