1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scary Terry wants out of Boston?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

not surprised. he has the opportunity to cash in. he isn't turning that down at 25 to get his biggest long term deal

DonKnock, roslolian and amaru like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

20M per season? Good luck...maybe the Knicks will bite.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If I were Boston, I'd try to keep him over Kyrie.

Who is either; leaving to play elsewhere or too oft-injured of a player, to help them win anything.

roslolian and plutoblue11 like this.
  4. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I’m sure he proabably stays. It’s smart for him to not sign an extension now that can lowball him.

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Kryie already said he's gonna resign. It would hurt his image bad if he renege on that, which I don't think he will. I think Kryie won't have any injury problems. Last couple times, just a fluke injury imo

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

worked for guys like jackson, schroder, bledsoe. guys that break out off the bench, then venture off to the $ they're looking for or atleast close to it.

If rozier continues to play as well as he did in the playoffs this year, that big contract is well on its way. he definitely has some motivation here

UTSA2step and hakeem94 like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

kyrie told some kids in cleveland he wouldn't leave a couple years ago. a lot can happen. in this era, you can't really take what players say they will or will not do that seriously anymore

s3ts, Mathloom, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's possible i guess, still, we'll see if teams learned something by paying big money guys like Jackson, Teague, Schroder. I'm not sure Rozier is better, for me he just plays in a better enviroment.

malakas likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i think hes good but starter for a good winning team in the long run, im not so sure. But we do know teams tend to pay to find out, especially if they have that position to fill and haven't been able to do so for a long time

Vivi likes this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That doesn't mean anything. How many free agents have committed to signing with a team while reneging on their word (DeAndre Jordan, huge example) during the free agency process? I wouldn't take anyone for their word, especially not in the NBA. Remember it's a business.

So it was a fluke when he was injured multiple times for long stretches in Cleveland, including the first Finals matchup against the GSW? That's no fluke, he is an injury prone PG. That's a fact.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I understand but that Celtics organization is class act. Cleveland with Lebron and Gilbert wasn't. Kryie told the whole arena before a game and not just a few kids. Big difference

Rox11 likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ummmm....not many...

How many more examples besides Jordan can you name?

The reason that was such big news is because it was so unheard of.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt he said i would like to stay if you will have me(ie give me supermax and ?)

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

All I'm saying is wait a while before you conclude Rozier won't re-sign with the Celtics. Let things play out this season.

Danny Ainge has a choice between Scary Terry and Kyrie next summer. Just keep an open mind on what might happen.

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

These kids in the NBA and the type of money they are seeking is what’s wrong with the league.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The most recent was Yogi Ferrell.

Chris Bosh did the same to us prior to resigning with the Heat.

Chandler Parsons was another guy that was planning on signing with us until Cuban took him to that club and had him sign on the dotted line to outbid us.

Those are the most recent reported that I can recall.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Class act? Who? Boston? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    There isn't another team in the league that is more coldblooded, only business and assholish!

Danny Ainge a clas sact..lol!!
    There's a chance that no matter what Kyrie says he has a serious injury and they let him go.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Counting on rationality from a flat earther is madness.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Terry Rozier Wingspan is Crazy Long, Easy to get steals and a really good defender.