1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zimmerman 2.0

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Oct 12, 2018.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Porch video shows man shoot at teen who asked for directions
    http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us...er-man-shoot-at-teen-who-asked-for-directions

It's an interesting thought exercise to imagine how this case would play out if Ziegler had shot and killed the kid, or perhaps if there were no security footage. Dead men tell no tales.

Do you believe Ziegler's "warning shot" explanation?

Further -- do you believe the wife is culpable given how her reaction (hysterically claiming the boy was some mugger/intruder) played such a pivotal role in how events transpired?

I remember one time at my job when a frantic elderly woman asked me to call the police because someone was breaking into a home next door (this was pre-cell phones... holy crap it feels weird to type that). I complied because, you know, I took her word for it. The cops showed up, guns drawn on this dude, and it turned out he was just doing his laundry. I would have been sick to my stomach forever if that man had been harmed by the police, and I still resent that woman to this day for how she behaved (she refused to speak to police once they were summoned and unceremoniously vanished). I can never be totally sure of her motivations, but my job was in an affluent neighborhood (River Oaks) and the gentleman affected was black... so draw your own conclusion there I suppose.

Case update - verdict expected today

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is titled "Zimmerman 2.0" but it's not about a kid attacking someone and getting shot for it.....so the title is pretty stupid.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Guessing the "Show Ignored Content" is bobthef***tard approving of and providing excuses for the guy to shoot a kid who was trying to get to school. Some things are just too obvious.

No that wasn't a warning shot. He did not slip. He aimed.

Does he deserve life in prison? I don't think so. But he certainly does deserve time.

joshuaao, mtbrays and edwardc like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Zimmerman 2.0 seems to suggest we haven't seen a parade of violent racists march through here since 2012.

Cases like this, btw, are why I want to take your guns away. People who just want to protect themselves, protect their families, protect their rights are dangerous. This whole idea about having a gun for protection is a way to cajole good people to do evil things. 'I'm tired of being a victim' so I'm going to make that sorry s.o.b. a victim. People so afraid of evil they become evil. (Yeah, yeah, millions of gun owners handle their guns responsibly, yeah gun control only take guns away from the 'good guys' (as if there was such a thing) and let the bad guys literally get away with murder. We've been through it all before here. On the flipside, lots of 'reasonable Democrats' just want some commonsense reform, they don't oppose basic gun ownership. I'm just an outlier here, but that dumbass shouldn't have been entrusted with a gun, and that dumbass isn't even a rare individual.)

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

He aimed, but he lifted the barrel before firing. He may have peppered him, but a completely ridiculous response. He should serve some time for reckless endangerment and lose his right to gun ownership.

edwardc likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Very misleading thread title, negative repped

[​IMG]

DonnyMost likes this.
  7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm not sticking up for the guy AT ALL, I'm not arguing with JuanValdez (though my thoughts on gun control differ a bit), and I'm not really even making much of a point about this case at all (because I don't know a whole lot about it.........and I question EVERYTHING I see, or hear, or read these days)...........I'm just simply asking: how do you miss someone with a shotgun?

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Maybe he had a slug loaded up or he wasn't trying to hit him.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

-3/10 thread title

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

God.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not sure whats to be discussed. The difference between this and any other alleged crime is the proof of video.

All I can surmise from this thread is that anytime a white person and black person have any sort of altercation, whether it be verbal or physical, we should automatically associate this to the Zimmerman/Martin incident, even if there is no correlation what so ever.

Is the OP trying to say the white guy was racist?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He may not be racist
    but
    he is doing racist actions

The same as Zimmerman . . .attempting to take the law into his own hands
    even when no crime has been committed.

Rocket River

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...that is your ONLY problem with this? LOL. So typical. Showing your stripes once again.

joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Found guilty of assault with intent to murder

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Faith in humanity takes an uptick...

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The times they are a changing
    I am shocked and happy with him going to jail

Rocket River

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Zimmerman i initiated that confrontation woth a kid then proceeded to get his ass whooped by said KID..

Thats not even up for debate

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Zimmerman did nothing that excused Martin assaulting him, and his death isn't really a bad thing given that it just means that Martin won't be able to attack anyone else.

That's not even up for debate.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Had Martin attacked someone before he beat Zimmerman's ass whom we know initiated the confrontation.

What criminal record did Martin have?