1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because the 2 teams are well conncected and that 15 mil contract was kind of bonus payment for ariza services here just like they signed bobby brown and waived him several times because he is a a good buddy of harden

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah we are all already kinda fed up with butler drama but nba is more fun with it

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks to @Dr of Dunk, masterful staff member who helps keep this place going for @Clutch, and you, I think we've got the title to the thread, and the Front Page, proclaiming that we've got Butler (as unlikely as that likely is).
    It's gotta be:

Jimmy's Down!

Then another 300 pages of members carrying on for, against, and in total indifference to the deal, all in 3rd person.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://wccoradio.radio.com/media/audio-channel/mike-max-jimmy-butler-did-not-travel-team-milwaukee

(1:08) "I'm told he did not get on the plane at 3 o'clock"

http://www.startribune.com/jimmy-butler-is-not-with-the-timberwolves-in-milwaukee/497211781/

Butler was not with the Timberwolves in Milwaukee as they prepared for their final preseason game, head coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed Friday morning at shootaround.

The official reason given by Thibodeau is that Butler stayed in Minneapolis to "work on his conditioning."

BigMaloe, dje243, Why not? and 4 others like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hahaha. Ridiculous. Don’t say things as if you’re in the know. Umm, we paid Bobby Brown. Phoenix is paying the 15M to Ariza. That contract was not “kind of bonus payment for Ariza services”. It was a contract to play for Phoenix. Foolish

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah and that’s what makes it even more strange. It’s one reason I wanted to post it. Refuted yesterday, but Shams still posts this this morning. WTH is going on in Minnesota?!

malakas likes this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

LMAOOOOOOOOOO I literally choked on my water. I want to ignore this guy so bad but this **** is so funny.

dje243, SS0101, jamisonrocket and 4 others like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That tweet you posted was from yesterday (per timestamp). Did he do a new one?

DonKnock likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

He won’t drink until rockets win that chip

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Ah man! I woke up to that on my phone. I should have taken a closer look.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Since Thibs is coaching in Milwaukee I would assume it’s very unlikely a deal goes down today.

My god what a disaster.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree that it's just wishful thinking on the part of Ariza fans. Phoenix isn't going to buy him out unless it saves them money tax-wise. However, the Suns will have a new GM and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Trevor traded at the deadline to a contender who needs that little extra push. The Suns won't be sniffing the playoffs, so they could use an extra pick since Trevor's too old to be in their long-term plans.

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

This is not true at all and extremely foolish to believe. SMH...

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Jimmy's conditioning was evidently good enough when Team Scrub thumped Team KATWig the other day.

Richie_Rich, Pat, hibbetts and 4 others like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Ariza isnt primarly on-court addition, he is locker room adition. Young players need veteran mentors nad Ariza is one of the better leaders. Of course their top talents need him to build culture

16. rockets13champs

That’s why GM and Coach should be separate.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I would agree that's probably the reason they brought him in. Trevor officially has 4 months* to earn his $15M by building culture.

After that, Ryno will have to be their cultural bodhisattva, since he's pretty much untradeable.

* Trade deadline is Feb 7.

heypartner likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Thibs looks like his dog just died. I almost feel sorry for him.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Of all of your declarations, this is by far the most preposterous of them. And when you juxtapose that with where Capela is as a player, it makes me shake my head even more.

And I am not even down on Zhou. He has good instincts and good BB IQ, but I would be very surprised if he ends up being anything more than a "limited bench rotation" guy. I don't even see him as a main bench rotation guy, much less starter, much less pseudo-all star, much less all star, much less NBA Defensive Player of the Year potential.

If you can find me ONE smart NBA talent evaluator on NBA Twitter that agrees with you, I would be shocked. I invite you to find out. To start, your best bet probably would be Kevin Pelton as he has the highest support for Zhou that I have seen. But that support doesn't come close to extending to what your assessment of his potential is.

If you can find more people to support your position, I am willing to re-consider, however. Always willing to re-consider when new information is provided.

But as it stands now. I find that conclusion preposterous.

Richie_Rich, BigMaloe, TMac'n and 9 others like this.