1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by JMAD21, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Major

Major Member

Certainly - but that's true of any B12 school not named OU or Texas, no? And Texas hasn't been competitive the last many years, so really OU is the only school that has done well that should have a major talent advantage over Tech.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, I know and Leach didn't have much success in the Big12 either. There was that one crazy year in '08, but that's it.

All I was saying Is I would like to see Kliff coach a stacked team. I think he is a good coach that has had bad luck and poor recruitment.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Unfortunately for Kliff, recruiting is part of coaching for college programs. Tech isn't going to land the big five stars, so he needs to do a better job of finding the right guys to fit his system like Leach did.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jett Duffey garbage. RB/WR playing QB and now this game is over if Bowman doesn't come back.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Texas Tech always with the bad luck.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

2pt conversion attempt 103 yards the other way for two. Awesome.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just another Tech let down. No biggie. They were close.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

JettMan must go!

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Good game plan by Kliff sabotaged by the Jett. shrug.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Duffey trying to get Kliff fired.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

6 points ehh?

Klifford gonna get fired at the end of the year?

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kliff was on the hot seat then off the hot seat. Then all his QB's got injured. Now The Jett is trying to get Kliff fired.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-takeaways-clay-heltons-hot-seat-usc-just-caught-fire-070714502.html

Joining MacIntyre on the free-fall list is Texas Tech’s Kliff Kingsbury, who has lost four consecutive games and may also find his job in danger. Kingsbury needs a victory at Baylor to end the season to salvage a bowl, a long way away from the euphoria of winning at Oklahoma State in late September.

Texas Tech sputtered through a listless afternoon at Kansas State, as Tech failed to score a touchdown, turned the ball over four times and mustered just 181 total yards. The overall effort didn’t impress Texas Tech defensive back Jah’Shawn Johnson, who told the Associated Press: “We are very soft on all three phases. They just dominated us. Credit them for being prepared and playing a hard game.”

Kingsbury only has two seasons left on his deal, which is indicative of the faith the university has in him going forward. His buyout is tenable – nearly $4 million – and it may be easiest for them to part ways.

Troy coach Neal Brown and North Texas coach Seth Littrell would be the hot names here, as both are former Tech assistants who could inject some life into the program. Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables is Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt’s close friend from college at Kansas State.

Regardless, it appears that Kingsbury is sputtering to the end.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well it appears Kliff's time has come to an end here. Too bad it didn't work out. I'll be interested to see where he lands next.

As for Tech, ... more familiar Air Raid names. Neal Brown(Troy), Seth Littrell(North Texas), Kirk Bohls said Brent Venables(Clemson DC; I don't see it)

@DreamShook? Who or what do you want to see?
    Or you don't care (shrug)? :D

DreamShook likes this.
  15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I will trade you Major Applewhite for him, and as an added bonus throw in our DC Donofrio or however you spell his name.

Tomstro likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

*Politely declines*

More for the UH thread but if Kliff is indeed fired, maybe David Gibbs becomes free? Would he come back to UH? (I don't know.)

Tomstro likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm here for whatever. It helps that I don't really care about college football too. Pretty sure we witnessed peak TTU football in 2008 anyway.

Kliff had a bunch of bad luck this year with his QB's. Maybe he gets another chance. The defense has been good the last couple years too. I think Kliff is a good coach.

J.R. likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

Tech should beg Mike Leach to come back.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

From what I've seen in the NFL lately... I wonder if Kingsbury gets looked at for an NFL OC job.

20. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Hoping Tech can get Dana Holgerson.