1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will not put Tucker on the table

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Minnesota is about to get mind ****ed by the best mind ****er that has ever mined for ****s. It's going to be a small room that is filled with the sweet smell of sweat and regret. Dork Elvis, reporting for duty.

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

[​IMG]

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

they'd be smart to add gordon to their roster. would help them out a lot as outside shooting is a big weakness of theirs.

D-rock likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Before Tucker played this preseason I would have said yes.

Now that I see Tucker playing, No.

Tucker has worked on his 3-pt shooting......this is easy to see.

Now he looks comfortable shooting 8 a game.

Must keep.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

tucker doesnt fit on a table.

hajkov likes this.
  6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

tucker for a sixth month rental no way Really those deals dont help us as a team . Jimmy Butler aint that good plus he would clash with anyone that doesnt fit his standard of play

hajkov likes this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Personally, as aforementioned, I'd be against the trade... but I do think Butler is a short term upgrade... he gives you =/+ to EGo's offense + PJ's defense and you still get to put another body on the floor - and it shouldn't be that hard to exceed the flipside (PJ's offense + EGo's defense) lol

Being able to play all 5 positions is great and all - but how often is that really necessary? When you're talking about GSW forcing switches until they get the iso matchup they like... it's kinda like the saying that - when running from a tiger, you dont have to be faster than the tiger - you just have to be faster than the slowest person in your group... and Butler would never be the worst defender on the floor...

I say ride with Clint... the dude just got his big ass contract - let him earn it... i dont mind watching them iso Curry with CC... yeh, Curry gets some easy layups by using the rim to screen Clint... but Clint gets so close to swatting that crap - and i think he's continuing to improve... give him a lil more time and I think CC can swat stuff Like Olajuwon did back in the day...

jus my opinion...

#47 kjayp, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The only reason he is not available is because James Harden has asked that he not be traded, That is the only reason. Even Draymond Green is tradable (they thought about trading him several times), this is the dirt poor old man version of Draymond. This is Morey keeping his franchise player happy. Morey finds guys like Luc and PJ talent wise on the regular, PJ also keeps Harden in check and is the same reason why Demar wanted him to sign with Toronto. PJ is like trading a part of Harden away.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Nivos

Nivos Member

It will be stupid to want Butler on this team.
    A punk that doesnt know his place and thinks he's better than everyone.
    He can be the 1 one man on a team like Brooklyn. Never a good player on a contending team.
    Wouldnt take him for free, nevermind losing important pieces for him

kjayp likes this.
  10. ilias

ilias Member

It's a tough one. PJ gives us so much. However, there are players out there that could bring 80-90% of what he does. One example is Bobby Portis. He can stretch the floor starting at PF, and he can protect the rim as a small-ball 5. He has similar energy and hustle like PJ. He is not at the same level as a defender, especially when switching to guards in the perimeter, but he is not a negative in that area either. He is probably more skilled with the ball and would be a good fit with our offense.

His contract expires in 2019, so his trade value is relatively low. Bulls are loaded with young talent at PF, C (Lauri, Jabari, Wendell). They would be happy to trade Portis for a first round pick. Chriss + a first for Portis would be a fair trade for both teams. We can then go to the Wolves and offer Gordon and PJ for Butler.

Paul, Harden, Butler, Portis, Capela starting with Green, Ennis, Melo as our playoff rotation, and MCW, Knight, Nene offering spot minutes.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, let's not delve into the Butler being a punk topic. I am disappointed here too.

Let's just say he will be brought to Houston.

The worry of forming a big 3 is that Butler will take away shots from a balanced Offense where 5 or 6 guys are scoring in double digit numbers.

Balanced scoring is more useful than 3 guys chucking.

Butler is no Carmelo on a minimum deal.

You can't ged rid of him if you want to and when you rely on him there is a chance he wants to play elsewhere.

#51 daywalker02, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Bobby Portis isn't bringing 80%-90% of what P.J. Tucker does for this Rockets' team, and he's nowhere near the defender Tucker is. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's rare to find a player that is elite at both perimeter and post defense. Draymond and P.J. are the two that come to mind right away, and it's hard to find anyone else quite like them.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

not to mention, you need him to play the 5 in the fourth cuz capela's free throws suck and it prevents them from playing hack-a-capela.

hakeemthagreat and hajkov like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tomball Butler can play the 5.

J.R. likes this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Insider?

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

I'm against getting rid of H I S - T H I C N E S S

However, it's a lot easier to find another Tucker than it is to find another Butler.

amaru likes this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yes sir. he's nailing them with ease.

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Porenthal James Tucker = Ryan Anderson with Defense

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Under the table, man, under the table.

I really dun like Jimmy Butler. As a media person.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Thibs has to trade Butler and we don't have to trade for Butler. Thibs is the first to give up. I dont think Morey not being ready to include Tucker will be a deal breaker, when Thibs is truly ready to deal him, Morey will make a Tuckerless package for Thibs to accept it.

kjayp likes this.