1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Yankees having Buyers remorse???

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by SKYGODZ187, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Recent articles are comming to light about Dtanton and his hearty contract. That has some friends and executives in the Yankee organization thinking they might wanna try and trade him away this offseason.

But funny part to this is how much would someone have to pay or better yet how much would the Yankees have to pay to move that rediculas contract.

Same article says half of his contract or more to even be considered a couple of B prospects...
    Lol
    I would still bit for him just to DH

2. theimpossibles1

Is that the magician guy from "The Prestige"?

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  3. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

No. He is one of the 3 Musketeers.

Mr.Pringles likes this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Well Stanton looked foolish at the plate in a very clutch moment late in the game last night. He was super “un-clutch”.

Uprising likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Giancarlo Stanton was 4-18 ---- those 4 hits were singles yikes, for a 200 million dollar investment

Give me a Power Pitching Starting Rotation with 50% or less of the cost. Like the Astros Rotation

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Max Kellerman is having a Mental Breakdown and So Angry, Stephen A Smith looking wrong on the Yankees Prediction makes him look so bad. Brian Cashman is not at fault. Yankees fans are still ungrateful for their 5 Titles with Brian as their GM. Yankees history shows they buy Starting Pitching Talent.
    Max still hasn't realized its 2018 there IS a Salary Cap, In this Era they have to pay the Luxury Tax. I believe the MLB Draft was created because of the Yankees. The Yankees Overpaying for Prospects in the U.S. now the MLB Draft is based on Position Standing Ranking Out of 30 teams. The Rest of the League has caught up, with a Better Front Office Drafting,
    Signing Star Free Agents, Trading. Nobody believed in Verlander, the Yankees, Cubs thought Verlander is on the Decline.
    Problem was his Mechanics needed tweaking, Bret Strom fixed his problem. Justin looks Dominant again.
    Gerrit Cole changed his grip on his Fastball because of Bret Strom, Gerrit also is in the best shape, looks great now.

#6 rockets1995, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

First playoff appearance in his career. The guy hadn't played a meaningful game ever in MLB.

Yankees gave him $250+ million anyway. He was subpar by his standards in the regular season too.

Glad it's not our problem.

9. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Wouldn't want any part of Stanton. I think he's the antithesis to the team focused culture the Astros have built. Dude is all about money.

He looked really bad against Boston. Not a single extra base hit in 4 games. His bat in the 9th last night when the Yanks had a legit shot to win was really bad.

10. HTown2017Champs

Exactly why I never wanted him here in the first person. Not our problem, not our business.
    The one bat I would love us to trade for, if the rumors of the Diamondbacks looking to trade him are true, is Goldschmidt. He (a native of the Houston area) would fit in perfectly. Probably just dreaming, but if the DBacks do look to trade him, please make it happen, Luhnow!

SS0101 and Houstunna like this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Goldy is Bagwell Jr.... with far superior playoffs production -- 1.000+ OPS.

He steals bases from the 1B position too and has GGs... Bagwell Jr, no doubt.

Would be unbelievable if the Astros signed him. We have so many others to pay so it seems like a dream.

12. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I like Goldschmidt to I would really look hard into what it would take to get him.

You would also have to look at who wants Yuli?
    What can you get for him

13. HTown2017Champs

Maybe Yuli can stay and get some DH at bats plus take over the utility role? But in my scenario, we trade for Goldy, and ship Reddick and Gurriel away for prospects and to free some money. I can see a team that's close to contention but not 100% there yet taking Gurriel (and maybe Reddick) to provide a veteran to lead the clubhouse and mentor younger players? For the utility, I'd resign Marwin, or look into Lowrie as a backup if Marwin can't be re-signed (both have better versatility than Yuli, and are switch hitters).

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think Stanton fits better on this team than the Yankees. The Astros have a lot of contact hitters and we can put more players on base in front of him to jack up HRs. The problem with the Yankees is that they're all sluggers so he's kind of redundant.

That said, Yankees gotta foot part of his salary for any trade to work.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Stanton and Judge.

Shawn Kemp and Harold Minor teaming up.

16. Buck Turgidson

What a strange thread.

vince and lnchan like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah, not really sure what to make of this.

However, ALL teams (big market and small market) recognize the value of certain contracts. If Stanton is not playing at an MVP level, and he's not pushing the Yankees further towards winning the World Series.... then certainly, they're not going to close their eyes/ears when it comes to teams willing to take on some salary in exchange for some prospects.

Its also not as if Stanton is a larger than life persona/celebrity that brings extra attention to the Yankees by simply being there.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The remorse in Yankeeland is that they didnt improve the starting pitching. Now that 2018 is in the history books for them, you wonder how they are going to get it with so much $$$ tied up in Stanton. Not surprisingly, I saw one article mentioning Morton and DK as possible targets. Also saw Greinke might be available if you got the 30+ million for three more years to pay him.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yankees have plenty of money to spend this offseason to get pitching. It would not surprise me if they ended up with two good starting pitchers. Stanton's contract likely doesn't become a real issue for 3-4 more years if he chooses not to opt out. I suspect at some point his strike out rate will creep up, and he will be a ~30 million dollar a year albatross if he doesn't opt out. Yankees can absorb that, and it won't be for a while. Stanton may still opt out.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Your right. They have 86M tied up for 2019 not counting arb players. We have 98M.

So they will spend indeed. The question is whether they spend wisely. Personally, I hope they take on another high dollar guy who is declining. Greinke?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/2019/