1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Voter ID laws appear to be working to suppress Democrat votes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 15, 2016.

1. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

2. biina

biina Member

When you make laws against non-existent crimes, then it is clear that your intentions are anything but honorable

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How are we supposed to know these Native Americans are valid citizens? I've heard stories of them crossing over the frozen land bridge in the Bering Strait to vote and then crossing back.

Nook likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Here we go. States are going to get a lot of leeway.

Heck, if the "angry mob" (i.e. any two democrats within the same state) is threatening our democracy, they probably shouldn't be allowed to have ID at all. Or definitely not to vote. In fact, I mean just for safety, we should round up the "angry mob," just so that, you know, they don't hurt themselves or others! Let's make sure we can account for all of the "angry mob" before the mid-terms, dontchya think?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically the real reason Kavanaugh had to be pushed through.

Now every state can enact draconian laws to prevent minorities and the poor who skew liberal from voting. This will allow them to further consolidate power. They will keep passing these laws everywhere and then as they gain more power pass even more laws and fill the courts with loyalists.

What they don't realise is that by disenfranchising so many people ultimate it will lead to revolution.

7. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

the founders risked their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor for their freedom and you're whining about a $25 driver's license. get the **** outta here with that nonsense lol

jcf likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny that the same people who claim that it's wrong to require an ID for people to vote because of the unlikely chance that it could prevent some from exercising their rights are the same kinds of people who would flip out if gun sales were conducted without ID....hypocrisies like that absolutely destroy their argument but from what I've seen they generally aren't smart enough to realize it.

cml750 likes this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You do realize poll taxes are illegal and it seems like this what it is. Please get out of here with founding father stuff. I guess you want it to go back to when only white landing owning men could vote?

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

lol just lol. democrats literally fined people hundreds of dollars a year for not being able to afford health insurance. grow up and get an I.D.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

lol just lol!

What does that have to do with the fact that poll taxes were recognized as unconstitutional?

Also, which party is advocating for free healthcare again? Lulz.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah so presenting an ID is too large a barrier when it comes to voting, would you agree that it is also too large a barrier when it comes to buying a gun? I mean, you wouldn't want to support the legal equivalent of a poll tax making it to where only white land owning men could exercise their rights would you?

cml750 and John Oliver like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lulz indeed, gotta love it when people are talking about essentially doubling taxes yet they still have the audacity to call that program "free".

cml750 and John Oliver like this.
  14. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

1. pass a law that requires everyone to buy health insurance or pay a hefty fine
    2. insist that I.D.s which can be procured at a fraction of the cost of an insurance policy are an unreasonable expectation for secure elections
    3. call anyone who disagrees "racist"

ridiculous **** like that is why i left the democrat plantation

15. biina

biina Member

False equivalence - you can only vote within a specific time frame while you can buy a gun anytime you want.

Making laws for non-existent crimes simply shows you have ulterior motives

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

imagine actually believing that verifying a voter's identification is a "poll tax".

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You really are comparing guns to IDs...I mean wow. I know that study revealed that Trump supporters are cognitively challenged but is it really this much so?

Why are you two talking about healthcare? There are threads for that. I mean, if you really want to stack up a few more losses we can take this discussion to one of the healthcare threads. I have no issue telling you why this logic is laughable at best.

Yes, if you charge for the identification then it is essentially a tax.

As mentioned above, do you have any proof of voter fraud at all? Any?

18. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

^imagine being that afraid of having to show i.d.

19. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

>kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman even though there's no evidence
    >voter fraud literally never happens despite all the people convicted of voter fraud

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

False equivalence, the home for conservatives since Reagan.