1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s settled: Gary Clark rocks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Oct 9, 2018.

1. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

yes I believe he even said it in an interview..... he was fighting an ankle injury the whole year but played thru it...... the rockets wanted him to completely heal so they held him out of summer league.....

my initial thoughts was that he would be more of a 4-5 but he clearly plays more like a 3-4...... he looks slimmer than he's listed too

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He looks urban

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. No Chill Rocket

Need video, cannot read .

alethios, Corrosion and hongxingli like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I like him. Does pretty much all the things on the court you were asking Ariza to do. Just need to see if he can do it against higher level competition. Def should make the final roster over Bruno and Vince Edwards.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I didn't see the second half of yesterday's game. Can he handle the rock well enough to play the 3 in our system. In other words, does he have enough handle to pump fake at the 3 point line and get to the rim for a layup or pass?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Last night he had a good pump fake, and drive to the rim for a slam...... but it was against the Sharks.

I wouldn't trust him to create off the dribble though. That's for sure. He's a nice looking role playing 3 & D player with legit height & length, and that's a good start.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

PJ joined that league as a 3 so I can see him following his foot steps except that he will never have PJ's build.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would like to see him as a stretch 4. He probably needs to get better at rebounding, but based on his less-than-great ball handling and less-than-great lateral movement I think he won't ever work as a wing.

10. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He sure does I have all his albums

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He’s listed as the same height, 5 lbs heavier than Ariza

theimpossibles1 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Malaya

Malaya Member

Not how I remembered it. Ppat was allergic to rebounding at a time we needed it badly.

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

He looks like/plays like a younger Mbah a Moute. Same demeanor on the court, doesn't get rattled, under control at all times.

His much longer though.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right after the draft, on Gary Clark I wrote.....

---
    Clark could end up being a nice utility role player for the Rockets.

I would have him buddy up with PJ Tucker to learn the ropes.

If Clark could be serviceable at the short corner 3pt line that could keep him on the floor. I like the idea of the Rockets stocking up on versatile 3/4s. Need more of those than plodding centers like Nanu/Hartenstien etc.

---

I was high on him being a a quality role player on this team and follow in the PJ Tucker mold. What I didn't see coming was his WET 3pt shot. That changes the calculus some. Also, he seems to block a shot in every game. He doesn't look athletic, but his BB IQ appears pretty high to allow him to make plays.

Clark was a steal. Morey might want to dip into that MLE to give him a 3yr deal right away to lock him up under favorable team control for multiple years.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

solid player at Cincinnati. Watched him during the matchups with UH and he often stood out. Hopefully his game translates over to the league on this team. good defensive first prospect to be able to contribute

theimpossibles1 and DonKnock like this.
  16. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

wasnt it something like 6'8" 240-250lbs....

maybe I was expecting a more bottom heavy build but he looks really lean and long....

watching the way he played in college made me think he would be bigger but maybe it had something to do with the injury

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

MDA loves him some Gary Clark!

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good thinking. My hot take post that 1) I genuinely believe and 2) would get people enraged is "The Last Jedi might be the best Star Wars film."

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I hope he doesnt get traded for Butler

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance