1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop the 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 3, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Now that we've played an exhibition game, we can close out the off-season Photoshop thread and open a bright new shiny one for the actual season.

First up, a banana boat update:

[​IMG]

2. esketit

esketit Member

you can look at cp3 here and just see it... that man knows we are about to win one

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This pic would get to the next level if you could somehow make Ryno faintly visible underwater. blub blub blub........

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imma gonna steal this photo like @hakeem94 would and put it in his/her Official 2018-19 thread.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

nanners3.jpg

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DonKnock and topfive like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Better version...

nanners3.jpg

D-rock, photojoe, HTownTmac1 and 6 others like this.
  9. theimpossibles1

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys, what we need now with MDA.......DealWithIt.gif

12. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]

#12 theimpossibles1, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  13. macan

macan Member

hahaha love this thread!

14. theimpossibles1

15. theimpossibles1

Was just chatting with my bro(dette?) Hakeem94 and gave them my basic photochop formula. I decided I might as well share with the class. The more chops the merrier!

I am by no means an expert (or even close to it) but I have used this formula for quite a while now and it works just fine for me. Tried to make these directions simple and easy to follow.

Using a free program called GIMP:
    The chop i almost always do is just putting someone's head on someone elses.

Step 1: Scale the larger image down so the heads match size: EDIT, SCALE IMAGE. Make sure both images are at 100% zoom when you do this (VIEW, ZOOM).

Step 2: Use the FREE SELECT TOOL (looks like a lasso) to carefully click a perimeter around the head/body you want to place on the other image. Helps to be zoomed in to make this neat and tidy.

Step 3: Click EDIT, COPY VISIBLE. Then go to other image (the one you want to add the head to) and click EDIT, PASTE. The cut out head will appear. At this point all the edits you do will only affect this part of the image (only the pasted head), so this is a good time to match colors and texture. All of this is done in the COLORS menu. Plenty of good options. I use COLOR BALANCE, BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST, mostly. Sometimes you dont need to change colors at all, other times you want a really clean match so just mess with all these COLORS settings according to taste.

Step 4: Rotate the head to match base picture (if necessary). This is done with the ROTATE TOOL (looks like two rectangles with arrows on either side). Once you have the proper angle, use the MOVE TOOL (looks like two crossing arrows) to place the head properly over the old head. At this point if you have too much head overlapping, use the eraser tool (looks like eraser) to erase parts you don't want. Will only erase the pasted part (head).

Step 5: Anchor the pasted part (head). This is done by selecting the MOVE TOOL again, and clicking outside of the pasted part box. The moving lines will disappear and now any edits you do will affect the whole image. This is a good time to clean any messy edges where hair/ears etc dont match up. I do this with the SMUDGE TOOL (looks like hand with finger pointing out). This tool just drags colors around where you click and drag.

Step 5: FILE, SAVE AS, and make sure it saves as a JPG image. Most images are JPG, but if its not (ie PNG), just change the .png to .jpg in the file name. It will then say something like, cant handle transparency, export? Click yes and set to 100%. DONE!!!

NOTES: Don't be intimidated by these directions, once you actually mess with it you will find it is very easy (just takes a little time at first).

UNDO (EDIT, UNDO or Ctrl + Z) IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!!! You can use it to go back as far as you want.

Deuce, Os Trigonum and topfive like this.
  16. theimpossibles1

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah awesome, perhaps should of modify some of the other characters but maybe not

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

R.I.P. DMorey : Oct 08, 2018

Slain by some no name Chinese hackers.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.